María Amparo Rubín Tagle (born 24 March 1955) is a Mexican singer.
María Amparo Rubín Tagle
March 24, 1955
|Occupation||Musician, composer, singer, songwriter|
On 24 March 1955, Amparo Rubín was born to José Rubín and Ofelia Tagle in Puebla City, Mexico. Aged just 11, she composed her first song, En la arena, which was later performed and recorded by Lupita D'Alessio.
In Puebla, she attended her first semesters in education studying communication. She studied Spanish literature for three years and took part in literature and philosophy workshops as well as learning to play the guitar. She moved to Mexico City to formally begin her career, which was a quick success with songs like Peligro, performed by Olga Maria of The Flans in 1991 for their album Adios and by Yuridia in 2005, and Herida de muerte, popularized by Manoella Torres. Rubín settled in Spain for five years, making presentations and recitals in nightclubs in several Spanish cities. In addition to her work as a singer and composer, Rubín has delved into musical and theatrical workshops. She developed a method in soap operas wherein each character in the story had their own leitmotif, and the telenovela Vivir un poco would be the first to use this method.
- Abandonada (1985)
- Vivir un poco (1985)
- Esperándote (1985)
- Marionetas (1986)
- Cicatrices del alma (1986)
- La casa al final de la calle (1989)
- Luz y sombra (1989)
- Días sin luna (1990)
- El abuelo y yo (1992)
- Bajo un mismo rostro (1995)
- Cañaveral de pasiones (1996)
- El secreto de Alejandra (1997)
- Camila (1998)
- "Biografías". sacm.org.mx (in Spanish). Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México. Retrieved 3 April 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- "Amparo Rubín (María Amparo Rubín Tagle)". sacm.org.mx (in Spanish). Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México. Archived from the original on 11 January 2008. Retrieved 3 April 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Amparo Rubín". sacm.mx (in Spanish). Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México. Retrieved 29 November 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)