American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) is an American organization aiming to improve and expand the teaching and learning of all languages at all levels of instruction. ACTFL is an individual membership organization of more than 12,500 foreign language educators and administrators from elementary through graduate education, as well as in government and industry.
Teacher of the YearEdit
Each year the organization names the ACTFL National Language Teacher of the Year. The Teacher of the Year becomes a spokesperson for the language profession to increase the visibility of the importance of learning languages and cultures to the general public.
- 2019: Rebecca E. Aubrey, Ashford School, CT
- 2018: Ying Jin, Cupertino High School, CA
- 2017: Katrina Griffin, North County High School, MD
- 2016: Edward Zarrow, Westwood High School, MA
- 2015: Nicole Naditz, Bella Vista High School, CA
- 2014: Linda Egnatz, Lincoln-Way Community High School, IL
- 2013: Noah Geisel, Denver East High School, CO
- 2012: Yo Azama, North Salinas High School, CA
- 2011: Clarissa Adams-Fletcher, Dunwoody High School, GA