American Christmas Tree Association
The American Christmas Tree Association is an American, non-profit organization and industry trade group that represents those involved in the artificial Christmas tree industry. The president of the group is Thomas Harman, who is also the president and CEO of Balsam Hill, a seller of artificial trees.
In November 2008, the association launched a new website, which, according to the association, was meant to, "promote accurate and factual consumer information and provide consumers with the tools they need to make an educated choice about the right tree for their holiday and family enjoyment".
- "About the American Christmas Tree Association Archived 2008-12-27 at the Wayback Machine", American Christmas Tree Association, official site, accessed December 15, 2008.
- Walsh, Bryan. "O Christmas Tree", Time Magazine, November 26, 2008, accessed December 15, 2008.
- Daley, Beth. "Fake tree or real? The verdict is . . .", The Green Blog, The Boston Globe, December 15, 2008, accessed December 15, 2008.
- Fake tree group tries to build up artificial credibility Archived 2012-05-12 at the Wayback Machine, Capital Press, January 21, 2011, accessed November 11, 2011.
- "The Truth About Christmas Trees: American Christmas Tree Association Website Launched to Help Consumers Make the Best Choice", (Press release), American Christmas Tree Association, via prweb.com, November 10, 2008, accessed December 15, 2008.
- American Christmas Tree Association, official site