Amber Levonchuck (born 21 October 1983), known professionally as Amber Rose, is an American model and actress.
Rose at the "Amber Rose Slutwalk" on October 6, 2018
October 21, 1983
Wiz Khalifa (m. 2013–2016)
|Partner(s)||21 Savage (2017-2018) |
Kanye West (2008-2010)
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Hair color||Natural brunette (dyed blonde with buzz cut)|
|Eye color||Amber; wears blue contacts|
|Agency||Nick Cannon (N'Credible Entertainment)|
Amber Levonchuck was born on October 21, 1983 in Philadelphia, to Dorothy Rose and Michael Levonchuck. Her father is of Irish and Italian descent and her mother is of Cape Verdean African and maternal Scottish descent from Ayrshire. She has one brother named Antonio Hewlett. Rose grew up in South Philadelphia.
At the age of 15, Rose began stripping, under the pseudonym "Paris", to provide for her family after the divorce of her parents. On Van Lathan's "The Red Pill" podcast, she revealed that she also attempted to sell crack cocaine, but wasn't successful.
Rose's appearance in Young Jeezy and Kanye West's "Put On" video in 2008 caught the attention of West: Rose then gained more exposure after posing for a Louis Vuitton print advertisement featuring West's sneaker line. Rose walked the runway at New York Fashion Week for "Celestino," Rose has also made cameos in music videos such as Nicki Minaj's "Massive Attack," Young Jeezy's "Vacation," Wiz Khalifa's "No Sleep," Fabolous' "You Be Killin' Em," Ludacris' "What Them Girls Like and Future's "Mask Off." She was signed with modeling agency Ford Models from 2009 to 2010.
In 2010, she appeared in Russell Simmons's reality show about his two assistants, "Running Russell Simmons." She also starred in a PSA by NOH8 Campaign. In 2011, Rose was a guest judge on Season 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race. She was also a judge on Season 2 of Master of the Mix. In November 2011, she became the spokesperson for Smirnoff and appeared in television ads and billboards for the company's new flavors Whipped Cream and Fluffed Marshmallow.
Rose released her debut single "Fame," which features Wiz Khalifa, on January 10, 2012, followed by a second single, titled "Loaded," released on February 6, 2012. She then rapped on the eleventh track of her ex-husband's album O.N.I.F.C., titled "Rise Above," along with rappers Tuki Carter and Pharrell Williams, who produced the song. She was managed by Leticia "Tish" Cyrus, mother of singer Miley Cyrus, who is Rose's and her ex-husband Wiz Khalifa's close friend.
Simon & Schuster published her first book, How to Be a Bad Bitch, in which she offers advice and personal anecdotes on everything from finances and career to love and fashion. The cover features an image shot by famed photographer David LaChapelle.
In March 2016, Rose launched an emoji app called MuvaMoji, featuring 900 emoji icons that she curated. Upon release, it shot to No. 1 on the App Store charts. She earned US$4 million from the app.
Dancing with the StarsEdit
On August 30, 2016, Rose was announced as one of the celebrities who would compete on the 23rd season of Dancing with the Stars. She was partnered with professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy. They were eliminated on October 17 and finished in 9th place.
Rose began dating rapper Wiz Khalifa in early 2011. The couple got engaged on March 1, 2012, and married on July 8, 2013. Their son Sebastian Taylor Thomaz was born on February 21, 2013. Rose, Khalifa, and their son divided their time between homes in Los Angeles and Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. Rose filed for divorce from Khalifa on September 22, 2014, citing irreconcilable differences and planned to take full custody of their son Sebastian. As of 2015, Rose and Khalifa have joint custody of their son.
In 2009, in regard to her sexual orientation, Rose stated, "I'm extremely open with my sexuality. I can be in love with a woman, I can be in love with a man. As far as humans go, I definitely find beauty in everybody, whether they're heavy-set, super-skinny, if they're white, black, Indian, Asian, Spanish. I can see beauty in anybody. If I see a woman and I think she's beautiful and I like her, and she likes me back we can definitely try to be in a relationship together." In 2016, Rose disclosed to guest Margaret Cho during an episode of her podcast Love Line with Amber Rose that she once dated a trans man. Rose identifies herself as a feminist.
On October 3, 2015, Rose led the L.A.-based SlutWalk to honor all women who have been judged and demeaned for their sexual behavior. As part of the event, Rose spoke publicly about the instances of shaming she has experienced, specifically mentioning an incident at the age of 14, when a male classmate pulled his genitals out while in a closet with her playing the kissing game "7 Minutes in Heaven". Rose related that he tricked her into kneeling down in front of him, then threw open the closet door for all of their friends to see, suggesting oral sex had taken place. Rose grew visibly agitated while speaking about the bullying that followed, demonstrating for her audience the depth of the trauma the experience caused. The walk has been taking place for three consecutive years.
|2007||A Haunting||Jessie||1 episode|
|2008||Better Off Alone||Jennifer||Short Film|
|2011||RuPaul's Drag Race||Herself||Guest Judge|
|2011–12||Master of the Mix||Judge|
|2012||Gang of Roses II: Next Generation||Tara X||Film|
|2014||Selfie||Fit Brit||TV series|
|2016||Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry||Herself||TV series|
|2016||What Happened Last Night||Melanie||Film|
|2016||The Eric Andre Show||Herself||TV series|
|2016||The Amber Rose Show||Herself|
|2016||Dancing with the Stars||Herself/Contestant||Season 23|
|2017||America's Next Top Model||Herself/Guest||Season 23|
- "Amber Rose > Full Biography". VH1. Archived from the original on November 2, 2013. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "Rose&Ono". Archived from the original on February 6, 2015. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Amber Rose Hosts TAO BEACH". gettyimages.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Ponce, Gina (June 15, 2010). "Coming up Rose". YRB. Archived from the original on August 15, 2010.
- "Kanye West's ex Amber Rose says she was a stripper at age 15". Archived from the original on 2014-12-31. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- zap2it.com Amber Rose: A brief history on the bald and the beautiful
- blackbookmag.com Rose Disrobes for LV advertisements
- "Rap Up". Rap Up. March 16, 2010. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- "Ford No Longer Represents Amber Rose". New York Magazine. December 17, 2010. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- "NOH8 Campaign PSA No. 3 I am Human". Noh8campaign.com. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- "Amber Rose In Smirnoff Vodka Commercial (VIDEO)". Huffington Post. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Amber Rose Readies First Single with Wiz Khalifa". Rap-Up.com. Retrieved June 23, 2012.
- "Amber Rose – Loaded". youtube. Retrieved June 11, 2015.
- "Rise Above (feat. Pharrell, Tuki Carter & Amber Rose)". allmusic.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose sat down for their first interview as husband and wife". August 29, 2013. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Amber Rose and Priscilla Ono". Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Wild N Out Season 6 Ep 10 – Amber Rose & Wiz Khalifa". Youtube. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Amber Rose Reveals "How To Be A Bad Bitch" Book Cover". BallerStatus.com. June 7, 2015.
- "Walk Of No Shame with Amber Rose". Funny Or Die. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- "Amber Rose's SlutWalk sparks debate". CNN. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- "Amber Rose Releases MuvaMoji App". BallerStatus.com. March 31, 2016.
- "Amber Rose Rakes in $4 Million From MuvaMoji App". BallerStatus.com. April 1, 2016.
- Cavassuto, Maria (May 23, 2016). "TV News Roundup: 'Real Housewives of Orange County,' 'Amber Rose Show' Set Premiere Dates". Variety. Retrieved May 24, 2016.
- McGloster, Niki (July 8, 2016). "Amber Rose new tv show". Retrieved July 10, 2016.
- Schillaci, Sophie (September 8, 2016). "Exclusive: Amber Rose Taking Over Iconic 'Loveline' Franchise With New Podcast: 'I Don't Hold Anything Back'". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved October 13, 2016.
- "'DWTS' 2016 Celebrity Cast Revealed: Ryan Lochte, Amber Rose, Rick Perry Among Star Lineup". Good Morning America: Yahoo. August 30, 2016. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- Kubicek, John (October 17, 2016). "'Dancing with the Stars' Live Blog: Latin Night with Pitbull and One Couple Goes Home". BuddyTV. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Christie D'Zurilla (March 2, 2012). "Amber Rose, Wiz Khalifa engaged; 'Love Is Everywhere'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Tie the Knot". Billboard. July 8, 2013. Retrieved July 9, 2013.
- "Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Welcome Son Sebastian Taylor". People. February 21, 2013. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- "Wiz Khalifa Buys House in Pennsylvania for nearly $1M". complex.com. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "So What He Bought a House? Wiz Khalifa Digs Into Pittsburgh 'Burbs". zillow.com. March 28, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "Wiz Khalifa buys $900K home for fiancee Amber Rose". March 29, 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- Corriston, Michele (September 24, 2014). "Amber Rose Is Divorcing Wiz Khalifa". People. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- Claire Rutter (March 29, 2015). "Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa 'settle for joint custody over son Sebastian'". Daily Mirror. Retrieved February 10, 2016.
- Coleman II, C. Vernon (February 10, 2018). "Amber Rose Sniffs 21 Savage's Underwear When She Misses Him". XXL. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- Mizoguchi, Karen; Rubenstein, Janine (March 14, 2018). "Amber Rose and 21 Savage Split After Nearly 2 Years of Dating". People. Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- Jamie Murnane (August 13, 2009). "Amber Rose addresses all of the rumors". afterellen.com. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- Evelyn Diaz (October 30, 2016). "Amber Rose Reveals She Dated a Transgender Man". BET.com. Retrieved January 28, 2018.
- "18 Statements Made During Amber Rose's First Annual Slut Walk | xoNECOLE". October 3, 2015. Archived from the original on July 16, 2016. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "2018 LINE UP". The Amber Rose SlutWalk.