Amarashilpi Jakanachari (Kannada: ಅಮರಶಿಲ್ಪಿ ಜಕಣಾಚಾರಿ) is a 1964 Indian Kannada film, directed and produced by B. S. Ranga. It stars Kalyan Kumar as the titular protagonist, in the eponymous role as Amarashilpi Jakanachari, a sculptor who lived in the 12th-century Hoysala Empire. It also features B. Saroja Devi, Udaykumar and V. Nagaiah in the lead roles. The film score and soundtrack were composed by S. Rajeswara Rao. The film was the first Kannada feature film fully shot in color. The director remade the movie in Telugu in the same year as Amara Shilpi Jakkanna.
|Directed by||B. S. Ranga|
|Written by||Shyamala Devi|
|Produced by||B. S. Ranga|
B. Saroja Devi
|Cinematography||B. N. Haridas|
|Edited by||P. G. Mohan|
|Music by||S. Rajeswara Rao|
- Kalyan Kumar as Amarashilpi Jakanachari
- B. Saroja Devi as Manjari
- V. Nagaiah
- D. Raghavendra Rao
- H. R. Shastry
- H. B. Soraja
- Chiranjeevi Kaleshwari
- Jayalalitha in a dance sequence
- Ratan Kumar in a dance sequence
- "Amarashilpi Jakanachari". nthwall.com. Archived from the original on 15 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Amarashilpi Jakanachari". chiloka.com. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "History 43 - Amarashilpi Jakanachari in colour". chitraloka.com. Retrieved 15 August 2015.
- "Contributions of Kannada Cinema to Historical Dramas". Archived from the original on 1 July 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2018.