Alpha Group Co., Ltd.
Alpha Animation (Simplified Chinese: 广东奥飞动漫文化股份有限公司, Traditional: 廣東奧飛動漫文化股份有限公司, Pinyin: Guǎngdōng Aòfēi Dòngmàn Wénhuà Gǔfèng Yǒuxiàngōngsī, in short 奥飞动漫/ 奧飛動漫/ Aòfēi Dòngmàn, English: Guangdong Alpha Animation and Culture Company) is a Chinese animation and toy company created by Cai Dongqing in 1993. In 2016, it changed name to Alpha Group Co., Ltd. (simplified Chinese: 奥飞娱乐股份有限公司; traditional Chinese: 奧飛娛樂股份有限公司; pinyin: Aòfēi Yúlè Gǔfèng Yǒuxiàngōngsī, in short 奥飞娱乐/ 奧飛娛樂/ Aòfēi Yúlè,). The company has a Chinese webcomics site, U17, and also an American film company, Alpha Pictures, and has announced the creation of an animation division also based in the United States.
|Formerly||Auldey Toys Co. Ltd. (Chinese: 奥迪玩具实业有限公司),|
Alpha Animation Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 广东奥飞动漫文化股份有限公司)
|Headquarters||Alpha Industrial Park, Middle Section of Wenguan Road, Chenghai District, |
|Cai Dongqing (Chairman and General Manager),|
Li Bin (Secretary),
Sun Liang (Financial Controller),
He Dehua (Chief Executive Officer)
|Products||Animation and toy production|
|Subsidiaries||Creative Power Entertaining Co., Ltd.|
In 1993, Cai Dongqing spent 0.8 million RMB to establish Auldeytoys company in Chenghai County, Shantou City, Guangdong Province, China. But the company couldn't develop, so in order to solve this trouble Cai established "Guangzhou Alpha Culture Spread Company".[clarification needed]
In 2006, Alpha Animation used ads to sell "yo-yo" ball, and Blazing Teens (Chinese: 火力少年王). In 2007, Alpha was transformed to establish "Guangdong Alpha Animation and Culture Company".
In 2012, Alpha Animation partnered with Hasbro to co-develop brands for China and other global markets. One of the brands selected was Alpha's Blazing Teens series, alongside an unnamed Hasbro property. The first results from this collaboration include Blazing Team and a Kre-O line of toys based on Alpha's Armor Hero franchise, both of which launched in late 2015.
Creative Power EntertainingEdit
Creative Power Entertaining Co., Ltd. (CPE) (Simplified Chinese: 广东原创动力文化传播有限公司, Traditional: 廣東原創動力文化傳播有限公司, Pinyin: Guǎngdōng Yuánchuàng Dònglì Wénhuà Chuánbō Yǒuxiàngōngsī, in short 原创动力/ 原創動力/ Yuánchuàng Dònglì) is a Chinese animation company, established in 2004. It was purchased by Alpha Animation in October 2013.
Mingxin Cartoon Co., Ltd. (Simplified Chinese: 广东明星创意动画有限公司, Traditional: 廣東明星創意動畫有限公司, Pinyin: Guǎngdōng Míngxīng Chuàngyì Dònghuà Yǒuxiàngōngsī, in short 明星动画/ 明星動畫/ Míngxīng Dònghuà) is a studio created by “the father of Pleasant Goat”, Huang Wei-ming, after he left Creative Power Entertaining. In July 2012, he did not have enough money to make animation, so Alpha Group purchased 70% of the shares.
Beijing Siyue Xinkong Network Technology Co., Ltd. (Simplified Chinese: 北京四月星空网络技术有限公司, Traditional: 北京四月星空網絡技術有限公司, Pinyin: Běijīng Sìyuè Xīngkōng Wǎngluò Jìshù Yǒuxiàngōngsī) is a Chinese animation website and Cartoon business, established in May 2009, which has a Cartoon website "u17". On the evening of 11 August 2015, Alpha Animation announced it spent 904 million RMB to purchase it 100% of the shares, according "cash and stock".
Jia-jia Cartoon ChannelEdit
Guangdong Radio and Television Jia-jia Cartoon Channel (Simplified Chinese: 广东广播电视台嘉佳卡通频道, Traditional: 廣東廣播電視台嘉佳卡通頻道, Pinyin: Guǎngdōng Guǎngbò Diànshìtái Jiā Jiā Kǎtōng Píndào, in short 嘉佳卡通频道/ 嘉佳卡通頻道/ Jiā Jiā Kǎtōng Píndào) starting broadcasting on September 16, 2006, it was licensed by SARFT, and it belongs to Southern Media Group, Guangdong Radio and Television's Animation TV channels. In 2010, Alpha Animation purchased 60% of the shares, getting 30-year broadcasting rights. In the middle of 2011, Jia-jia started broadcasting to China on satellite.
- Armor Hero Atlas (2014)
- Armor Hero Captor King (2016)
- Armor Hero Emperor (2010)
- Armor Hero Hunter Movie (TBA)
- Balala the Fairies: the Movie (2013)
- Meet the Pegasus (2014)
- Paris Holiday (2015)
- Amazing Pleasant Goat (2015)
- The Revenant (2015) (partial financing)
- Assassin's Creed (2016) (partial financing)
- Backkom Bear: Agent 008 (2017)
- Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf – 3D Movie (2021)
- The Flash and Dash Movie - 3D Movie (July 12 2021)
- Action Dad (2012)
- Armor Hero (2008)
- Armor Hero Captor (2015)
- Armor Hero Hunter (2018-2020)
- Armor Hero Lava (2013)
- Armor Hero XT (2011)
- Battle Strike Team: Giant Saver (2012)
- Battle Strike Team: Railway Vanguard (2020)
- Battle Strike Team: Rescue Engine (2016)
- Battle Strike Team: Space Deleter (2014)
- Balala the Fairies (2008–present)
- Blazing Team (2015–2017, co-production with Hasbro Studios)
- Blazing Teens (2006–2015)
- Dragon Warrior (2003-2011)
- Electro Boy (2008–2013)
- Flash and Dash (2008-2012)
- Go For Speed (2008)
- Hover Champs (2011)
- Infinity Nado (2012–2018)
- King of Warrior EX (2007)
- The Legend of Armor Hero (2018)
- Mask Master (2013)
- Peek a Boo (2021)
- Nana Moon (2013)
- Opti-Morphs/Screechers Wild! (2016-2018)
- Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf (2005–present)
- Rev and Roll (2019)
- Super Wings (2015–present)
- The Mechnimals (2011)
- Vary Peri (2012–2013)
- "广东奥飞动漫文化股份有限公司（中国）". cbooo.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- Brzeski, Patrick (February 29, 2016). "China Clears 'The Revenant' for Release, Cuts Expected". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- "广东奥飞动漫文化股份有限公司关于公司名称、证券简称变更的公告". Sina. 1 April 2016. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- Giardina, Carolyn (August 30, 2016). "China's Alpha Group Launches L.A.-Based Feature Animation Unit". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 3, 2016.
- "奥飞动漫：一个玩具制造商的升级路". South weekend china. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- Chaudhuri, Saabira (October 11, 2012). "Hasbro, Alpha Animation unveil joint venture". MarketWatch. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "Hasbro, Inc. and Guangdong Alpha Animation & Culture Co. to Bring 'BLAZING TEAM' Brand Across Multiple Platforms in New Markets". Business Wire. October 28, 2015. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "Hasbro Partners with China to Create KRE-O Toys for Chinese Tokusatsu Armor Hero". Toku Nation. November 16, 2015. Retrieved November 3, 2016.
- "奥飞动漫拟5亿元买回"喜羊羊" 定价争议分歧巨大". 凤凰网. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "购明星动画70%股权 奥飞动漫牵手"喜羊羊之父"" (in Chinese). 凤凰网财经. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2014-06-27.
- America, Auldey Toys North (Aug 12, 2015). "Alpha Acquires U17.com in Biggest Acquisition deal in Chinese Animation History". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- 向, 南; 马, 晨雨 (March 11, 2010). "奥飞动漫收购运营嘉佳卡通卫视_焦点透视_新浪财经_新浪网". Sina Finance (in Chinese). Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "大卫贝肯之倒霉特工熊（2017）". cbooo.cn (in Chinese). Archived from the original on 18 January 2017. Retrieved 15 January 2017.