|Full name||Alo Bärengrub|
|Date of birth||12 February 1984|
|Place of birth||Kehtna, Estonia|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Bärengrub was born in Kehtna, and made his first-team debut for Lelle in Estonia's second division Esiliiga at the age of 16 in 2000. A year later he joined to Valga. After four seasons he moved to Flora in 2004 and, almost instantly, became an important player at the club. At the age of 23, after four seasons in Flora, Bärengrub moved abroad.
In January 2008, he signed a 4-year contract with Norwegian Tippeligaen club Bodø/Glimt. Bärengrub played his first Tippeligaen match on 30 March 2008, in a 2–0 win against HamKam. He scored his first Tippeligaen goal on 10 August 2008, in 3–2 victory over Viking. The contract was mutually terminated at the beginning of 2011 as the player did not get enough play time.
Bärengrub then had trials at League One side Notts County and Major League Soccer newcomers Portland Timbers. Although he impressed the manager at the latter club, he was left without a contract as the club had already exceeded the foreign players limit. The defender was also rejected at his old club Flora as the team decided to give youth players a chance.
On 4 March 2011, he signed 1+1 year contract with Nõmme Kalju. He played his first game for the club the next day in a 0–1 loss against Flora. He was one of three players to play every single minute of the league season, others being teammate Ken Kallaste and Narva Trans defender Tomas Rimas. On 28 December 2011, he signed a new two-year contract with the club.
- Estonian Supercup: 2004
- Nõmme Kalju
- "Bärengrub lahkus Bodö/Glimti ridadest" [Bärengrub left Bodo/Glimt] (in Estonian). Postimees. 13 January 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Alo Bärengrub on Trial with Timbers in California". The Offside. 31 January 2011. Archived from the original on 15 July 2012. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Bärengrub jäi USA-s lepinguta" [Bärengrub did not get a contract in the USA] (in Estonian). Soccernet.ee. 11 February 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Reim: Flora trump on nooruslik särts" [Reim: Flora's trump is youthful spunk] (in Estonian). Linnaleht. 11 February 2011. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "AMETLIK! Eesti koondise keskkaitsja Alo Bärengrub liitus Nõmme Kaljuga" [OFFICIAL! Estonian national team central defender Alo Bärengrub joined Nõmme Kalju] (in Estonian). Linnaleht. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Mängu protokoll – Nõmme JK Kalju – Tallinna FC Flora 0:1 (0:0)" [Match protocol – Nõmme JK Kalju – Tallinna FC Flora 0:1 (0:0)] (in Estonian). Estonian Football Association. 5 March 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2011.
- "Meistriliiga hooaeg numbrites 2011" [Meistriliiga season in numbers 2011] (in Estonian). Soccernet.ee. 13 November 2011. Retrieved 13 November 2011.
- "Eesti koondislane Alo Bärengrub sõlmis Kaljuga uue lepingu" [Estonian international Alo Bärengrub signed a new contract with Kalju] (in Estonian). JK Nõmme Kalju. 28 December 2011. Archived from the original on 3 January 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- "Kõik Eesti internatsionaalid" [All Estonian internationals] (in Estonian). Eesti Jalgpalli Liit. Retrieved 8 September 2017.
- Palju õnne! Nõmme Kalju kapten Alo Bärengrub sai isaks