Almost Grown (song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Chuck Berry|
|from the album Chuck Berry Is on Top|
|Recorded||February 17, 1959|
Chess Studios, Chicago, Illinois
|Genre||Rock and roll, rhythm & blues|
The song was recorded on February 17, 1959, in Chicago, Illinois.
- Chuck Berry, vocals and guitar
- Johnnie Johnson on piano
- Willie Dixon on bass
- Fred Below on drums
- The background vocals on Berry's recording are by Etta James and The Marquees aka Harvey & the New Moonglows, featuring the young Marvin Gaye.
The song was released as Chess single 1722.
- "Almost Grown"
- "Little Queenie"
The song reached number thirty-two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and number three on the Billboard R&B chart.
- Berry, Chuck, Chuck Berry: The Anthology, CD, 088 1120304-2, MCA Records, Chess, © 2000, liner notes
- Berry, Chuck, Chuck Berry: The Anthology, CD, 088 1120304-2, MCA Records, Chess, 2000, liner notes
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942–2004. Record Research. p. 55.
|This 1950s single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|