All Night Session! Vol. 2
All Night Session! Vol. 2 is the second album by pianist Hampton Hawes from a session recorded the night of November 12/13, 1956 at Contemporary's Studios in Los Angeles and released on the Contemporary label.
|All Night Session! Vol. 2|
|Studio album by |
Hampton Hawes Quartet
|Recorded||November 12 & 13, 1956|
Contemporary's Studio in Los Angeles, California
|Hampton Hawes chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
|Tom Hull||B+ ( )|
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
The Allmusic review states "In 1958 Hawes was quoted as saying "It's hard to put into words how good it feels to play jazz when it's really swinging...I've reached a point where the music fills you up so much emotionally that you feel like shouting hallelujah -- like people do in church when they're converted to God. That's the way I was feeling the night we recorded All Night Session!" ".
- "I'll Remember April" (Gene de Paul, Patricia Johnston, Don Raye) – 7:02
- "I Should Care" (Sammy Cahn, Axel Stordahl, Paul Weston) – 4:23
- "Woody 'n You" (Dizzy Gillespie) – 5:41
- "Two Bass Hit" (Gillespie) – 2:50
- "Will You Still Be Mine?" (Tom Adair, Matt Dennis) – 6:55
- "April in Paris" (Vernon Duke, Yip Harburg) – 7:30
- "Blue 'n' Boogie" (Gillespie, Frank Paparelli) – 8:11
- Hampton Hawes discography accessed July 29, 2015
- arwulf, arwulf. All Night Session!, Vol. 2 – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 97. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- Hull, Tom (13 July 2020). "Music Week". Tom Hull – on the Web. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 665. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.