Alexander the Great (2010 film)
Alexander the Great is a 2010 Indian Malayalam-language film directed by Murali Nagavalli and scripted by C. Balachandran. It stars Mohanlal, Bala and Meenakshi Dixit. The film as described by the director, is a "comical racy entertainer". It was released on 7 May 2010. It is loosely based on the 1988 American comedy-drama film Rain Man.
|Alexander The Great|
|Directed by||Murali Nagavally|
|Produced by||V. B. K. Menon|
|Written by||C. Balachandran|
|Music by||M.G. Sreekumar|
|Edited by||V Sajan|
Saikumar plays the role of Prathapa Varma, a rich man in Dubai who has a son Manu (Bala) but also has an adulterous relation with a lady in Mumbai, Janet, with whom he has another son named Alexander (Mohanlal). In his will, he has bequeathed all his wealth to his son Alexander. If Alexander dies, then 40% of Prathapa Varma's wealth will go to his relatives (Siddique, K. B. Ganesh Kumar, etc.) and 30% goes to Manu, and 30% to a trust. If Manu dies, then 100% will go to the trust. So the relatives decide to kill him, while Manu decides to go and meet Alexander and get the power of attorney from him so that he can get all of Varma's wealth, and then either kill him or get rid of Alexander. But to their surprise, Alexander is in mental rehabilitation center under the treatment of Dr. Korah (Nedumudi Venu). Eventually, over time, Manu realizes that his brother has unique abilities, which he grows to accept. He starts becoming fond of his half-brother. The story then progresses to show how Manu brings Alexander to Dubai. After reaching Dubai, the struggles that Alexander face form the rest of the story.
- ""Mohanlal's Alexander the Great" - Oneindia". Archived from the original on 18 February 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2010.
- ""Mohanlal gives sweet massage to a 'Gori Mem'" - Oneindia". Archived from the original on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2010.
- "Lal as Alexander, the great" -India Glitz
- ""No heroine for our superstar Mohanlal" - Oneindia". Archived from the original on 9 July 2012. Retrieved 29 April 2010.
- "Mohanlal's Alexander has no heroine" - Oneindia
- "Alexander The Great is a bad copy of Rain Man" - Rediff