Aleksandr Alekseyevich Petrovskiy (also Alexander Petrovskiy, Russian: Александр Алексеевич Петровский; born March 3, 1989, in Tashkent, Uzbek SSR) is a Russian professional track cyclist. He shared gold medals with Evgeny Kovalev in men's madison at the 2007 UCI Track Cycling Junior World Championships in Aguascalientes, Mexico, and later represented his nation Russia at the 2008 Summer Olympics. During his sporting career, Petrovskiy also raced for the under-23 division of Team Katusha–Alpecin Pro Cycling.
|Full name||Aleksandr Alekseyevich Petrovskiy|
|Born||3 March 1989|
Tashkent, Uzbek SSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
|Current team||Team Katusha–Alpecin|
Petrovskiy qualified for the Russian squad in the men's team pursuit at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing based on the nation's selection process from the UCI Track World Rankings. He delivered the Russian foursome of Alexei Markov, Alexander Serov, and Nikolay Trusov an eighth-place time of 4:06.518 in the prelims before his team was later relegated and overlapped to the Brits (led by Olympic time trial champion Bradley Wiggins) in the fourth match round.
- UCI Juniors Track World Championships (Madison), Aguascalientes (MEX)
- UCI Juniors Track World Championships (Team pursuit with Evgeny Kovalev), Aguascalientes (MEX)
- 2nd UCI European Junior Track Championships (Madison), Cottbus (GER)
- 3rd UCI European Junior Track Championships (Team pursuit), Cottbus (GER)
- 2nd UCI European U23 Track Championships (Team pursuit), Pruszkow (POL)
- 8th Olympic Games (Team pursuit with Alexei Markov, Alexander Serov, and Nikolay Trusov), Beijing (CHN)
- 3rd Stage 1, Grand Prix du Portugal, Paredes (POR)
- 3rd Stage 3, Udmurt Republic Stage Race, Udmurtia (RUS)
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Alexander Petrovskiy". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 17 April 2020. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- Александр Петровский: "Самое сложное было опередить британцев" [Alexander Petrovskiy: "The most difficult thing was to get ahead of the British"] (in Russian). Velosport News Russia. 20 July 2009. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Men's Team Pursuit Qualification". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Men's Team Pursuit Semifinals". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 19 August 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "GB storm to gold in team pursuit". BBC Sport. 18 August 2008. Retrieved 15 October 2013.