Aleksandr Volodin (chess player)
Aleksandr Volodin in 2008
|Born||10 December 1990|
|FIDE rating||2457 (March 2021)|
|Peak rating||2523 (July 2011)|
From 2000 to 2010 Aleksandr Volodin repeatedly represented Estonia at the European Youth Chess Championship and World Youth Chess Championship in various age categories. His best result - 7th place in European Junior Championships U16 in 2006. In 2008 and 2010 he won the Estonian Youth Chess Championship. Aleksandr Volodin has competed many times in the individual Estonian Chess Championship finals, winning the gold (2019), silver (2009) and bronze (2006) medals.
- In 2006, at second reserve board in the 37th Chess Olympiad in Turin (+0, =1, -3),
- In 2008, at reserve board in the 38th Chess Olympiad in Dresden (+4, =1, -2),
- In 2010, at fourth board in the 39th Chess Olympiad in Khanty-Mansiysk (+6, =3, -1),
- In 2016, at first board in the 42nd Chess Olympiad in Baku (+0, =4, -5),
- In 2018, at third board in the 43rd Chess Olympiad in Batumi (+3, =5, -3).
Aleksandr Volodin played for Estonia in the European Team Chess Championship:
In 2008, he was awarded the FIDE International Master (IM) title and received the FIDE Grandmaster (GM) title three years later.
- "The future of chess in Herceg Novi". Chess News. September 22, 2006.
- "Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - EESTI MEESTE JA NAISTE MV MALES (sh U20 Eesti noormeeste ja neidude MV)". chess-results.com.
- "OlimpBase :: Men's Chess Olympiads :: Aleksander Volodin". www.olimpbase.org.
- "Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - 42nd Olympiad Baku 2016 Open". chess-results.com.
- "Chess-Results Server Chess-results.com - 43rd Olympiad Batumi 2018 Open". chess-results.com.
- "22nd European Team Chess Championship 2019 Open". chess-results.com.