Aled Wyn Davies
Aled Wyn Davies
|Born||3 August 1974|
|Origin||Llanbrynmair, Powys, Wales|
|Genres||Opera / Classical|
|Occupation(s)||Farmer / Classical Singer|
Davies is an award winning tenor soloist who has performed in venues all over the world. He was awarded the prestigious "David Ellis Memorial Prize" - The Blue Riband awarded to the best classical soloist at the National Eisteddfod of Wales in Swansea in 2006 following a hat-trick of wins in the Tenor solo over 25 in 2004, 2005 and 2006.
Concerts include tours to New Zealand and Australia in 2003, Y Wladfa, Patagonia, Argentina in 2007, Los Angeles, United States in 2003 and 2004, and Saint David's Day concerts in Johannesburg, South Africa in March, 2008.
In February, 2015 he was invited to sing the Pearl Fishers duet with Bryn Terfel in a celebratory concert in Machynlleth.
Davies has shared the stage with many other established international performers including the Froncysyllte Male Voice Choir; Rebecca Evans; Gwyn Hughes Jones; Jonathan Lemalu; David Kempster; Shan Cothi and actor, William Roache.
Davies recorded his debut album, Nodau Aur fy Nghân in November, 2006 under Welsh record label Sain. He has also performed in classical concerts on cruises for Swan Hellenic and is also a sheep farmer in the Cambrian Mountains of Mid Wales.
In December, 2014 he was unveiled as the new member of the Three Welsh Tenors with Rhys Meirion and Aled Hall following Alun Rhys-Jenkins' departure.
His second album "Erwau'r Daith" was released in July, 2015 with record label Sain.
- Ann!, (Cwmni Theatr Maldwyn), July 2004 (Sain)
- Nodau Aur Fy Nghân, November 2006 (Sain)
- Erwau'r Daith, July 2015 (Sain)
Awards and accoladesEdit
- 1st Open Folk Song competition - Folk Festival, Aberystwyth 1998
- 1st Traditional Folk-song competition - Llangollen International Eisteddfod 1999
- Best Soloist - YFC Eisteddod of Wales, Newtown 1999
- Lady Herbert Lewis Memorial Prize - National Eisteddfod of Wales, Denbigh 2001
- Unawdydd 2001 (Soloist 2001)- National Eisteddfod of Wales, Denbigh 2001
- 1st Tenor Solo over 25 - National Eisteddfod of Wales, Newport 2004
- Soloist of the Year - Llangollen International Eisteddfod 2005
- 1st Tenor Solo over 25 - National Eisteddfod of Wales, Bangor, 2005
- Blue Riband & Soloist of the festival - Cardigan Music Festival 2006
- 1st Tenor Solo over 25 - National Eisteddfod of Wales, Swansea 2006
- David Ellis Memorial Prize - The Blue Riband - National Eisteddfod of Wales, Swansea 2006.