Aled Euros Miles
23 May 1965
|Organization||Welsh Government Envoy|
|Board member of|
He currently serves as president and CEO and board member of Sauce Labs and was appointed in September 2020 as the Welsh Government Envoy to the United States. Previously he served as CEO and member of the board of global tech firm TeleSign Corporation.
He is a graduate of St. Mary's University and the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and previously served on the executive committee as a senior vice president at the global security firm, Symantec.
Miles began his business technology career at the security firm Symantec. He worked in various roles over his twenty year tenure, eventually reaching the position of senior vice president, where he oversaw the global Norton division.
In 2006, Miles relocated to the United States to become president and COO of Los Angeles-based Helinet Aviation Services, a helicopter services provider. During this time, he also became the CEO of Cineflex Camera Systems, which developed gyro-stabilized camera systems used in aerial broadcast production. During his tenure, Cineflex was awarded Emmy recognition for its role in the filming of the BBC's documentary series, "Planet Earth". In 2007 Cineflex was acquired by Nasdaq listed company Axsys Technologies (AXYS). In 2009, Axsys was acquired by General Dynamics and Miles returned to Symantec.
In 2015, leaving Symantec's executive committee, Miles served as executive vice-president and general manager for the identity and access management software company ForgeRock. In 2017, Miles became CEO of TeleSign, a Communications Platform as a Service company mainly involved in Two-factor authentication services, based in Marina Del Rey, California. In 2017, Miles oversaw the $230 million acquisition of TeleSign by the Belgian communications company Belgacom ICS. BICS is a joint venture between Proximus, SwissCom & MTN
In October 2019, Miles was appointed CEO of Sauce Labs, based in San Francisco, California, replacing former CEO, Charles Ramsey.
Miles serves and has served on several boards in both the business and non-profit sectors. Today he is the executive chairman of Industrial IoT company IoTium and is a non-executive director of the Australian cyber security company Sapien alongside The Hon. Stephen Smith and Lieutenant General (ret.) James Clapper, former Director of National Intelligence under U.S. President Barack Obama. He served on the board of the NCSA from 2017 to 2018.
He was a founding advisory board member of Surf Air, a California-based unlimited flight commuter airline, and served as a member of the CGI Leadership, Education and Development program administered by the Clinton Global Initiative.
- "The African Eye Project". African Eye Project. africaneyeproject.com. Retrieved Dec 21, 2018.
- Daut, Peter (May 3, 2017). "Google Warns Of Phishing Scam That Impersonates Google Docs". CBS Los Angeles. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- "Envoys appointed to promote Wales as an investment location on the world stage". GOV.WALES. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Barry, Sion (2020-09-17). "The envoys appointed to help Wales win new business globally". Business Live. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Pennington, Randy (Jan 4, 2018). "Changing the Customer Experience: New Thinking Not New Technology". Huffington Post. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- Burger, Andrew (Oct 1, 2014). "Symantec Brings Cyber Security Jobs to HS Grads". Triple Pundit. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- Lev-Ram, Michael (June 24, 2014). "Symantec tries to fill shortage of cybersecurity workers with $2 million donation". Fortune Magazine. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- Marketwired (March 7, 2016). "ForgeRock's Aled Miles to Serve as 2016 Montgomery Summit Master of Ceremonies". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- "Aled Miles". Aviation Week Network. The Weekly of Business Aviation. Aug 21, 2006. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- "Matt Stephenson Interviews Aled Miles, Symantec Vision 2014". Executive Talk. May 12, 2014. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- "Axsys Technologies Acquires Cineflex Camera Systems". www.businesswire.com. 2007-04-13. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- Dave, Paresh (April 25, 2017). "TeleSign, a Marina del Rey start-up crucial to integrity of popular apps, purchased for $230 million". LA Times. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- Reim, Garrett (April 25, 2017). "Belgium Telecom Company BICS to Buy TeleSign for $230 Million". Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- Inc, Sauce Labs (2019-10-01). "Sauce Labs Announces Leadership Transition; Appoints Aled Miles as New CEO". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- "Company Overview | ioTium | The First Software-Defined Converged Infrastructure for IIoT". 2019-01-30. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Our People". Sapien Cyber. 2018-08-07. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Board Members for the National Cyber Security Alliance". Stay Safe Online. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Aled Miles". Wildstar Films. Retrieved 2020-10-05.
- "Symantec Launches Initiative to Close Cybersecurity Workforce Gap". June 24, 2014. Retrieved Feb 19, 2018.
- "Aled Miles Joins Royal Welsh College Board of Trustees". Retrieved Dec 21, 2018.
- "Our trustees and patrons". Rainbow Trust. rainbowtrust.org.uk. Retrieved Dec 21, 2018.