Alan David Weinstein (17 June 1943, New York City) is a professor of mathematics at the University of California, Berkeley who works in symplectic geometry, Poisson geometry, and mathematical physics.
Weinstein completed his Ph.D. at Berkeley in 1967 under the direction of Shiing-Shen Chern. His dissertation was entitled "The cut locus and conjugate locus of a Riemannian manifold". He is a former chair of the Department of Mathematics at Berkeley.
- Geometric Models for Noncommutative Algebras, by A. Cannas da Silva and A. Weinstein, was published in 1999 by the American Mathematical Society in the Berkeley Mathematics Lecture Notes series.
- Lectures on the Geometry of Quantization, by S. Bates and A. Weinstein, was published in 1997 in the same series.
- Basic Multivariable Calculus, by J.E. Marsden, A.J. Tromba, and A. Weinstein, was published in 1993 by W.A. Freeman and Company and by Springer-Verlag.
- Jerrold E. Marsden and A. Weinstein, Calculus Unlimited, Benjamin/Cummings (1981) is now out of print and is now free at CaltechAUTHORS.
- J. E. Marsden and A. Weinstein, Calculus, I, II, III', 2nd ed., Springer-Verlag (1985) is now out of print and is now free at CaltechAUTHORS.
- American Men and Women of Science, Thomson Gale, 2005
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-09-01.
- Review of Geometric Models for Noncommutative Algebras: Johannes Huebschmann (2001), MR1747916
- Marsden, Jerrold; Weinstein, Alan J. (1981). Calculus Unlimited.
- Marsden, Jerrold E.; Weinstein, Alan J. (1985). Calculus I.
- Marsden, Jerrold E.; Weinstein, Alan J. (1985). Calculus II.
- Marsden, Jerrold E.; Weinstein, Alan J. (1985). Calculus III.