Akobo, South Sudan
Akobo is a town in South Sudan.
|Elevation||1,600 ft (500 m)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
It is located in Akobo County, in the northeastern part of South Sudan, near the International border with Ethiopia. Its location lies approximately 450 kilometres (280 mi), by road, northeast of Juba,
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2014)
Notable landmarks in the town of Akobo, include the following:
- The offices of Akobo Town Council
- The headquarters of Akobo County Administration
- Two rivers - The Pibor River to the west of Akobo and the Akobo River to the east of town. River Akobo empties into River Pibor at the border town of Diboc.
- Akobo has a clinic which was built in 1911 and a hospital which was built between 1976 and 1983. Akobo has three primary schools and one intermediate high school.
- Akobo Heritage and Memorial University - An institution of higher learning
- Akobo Airport - A civilian airport
- Akobo has Akobo Youth Association office
- "Appointed govt of 'Eastern Bieh' to send advance team to Akobo". Radio Tamzuj. 31 May 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-08-19. Retrieved 20 August 2016.