Akash Chaurasia is a multiple award-winning farmer from Sagar District in Madhya Pradesh, India. He is known for innovative farming techniques like organic agriculture and multi-layer agriculture.
Akash Chaurasia does not use any chemical products in the agriculture. All the manures and pesticides are prepared using natural products. He prepares vermicompost to replace fertilizers using cow dungs and use various techniques to avoid insects in the crops.
Chaurasia uses concept of multi-layer farming on his land. On one piece of land he grows crops at multiple layers simultaneously, for example Ginger (below grounds), amaranthus (at 1–2 feet above grounds), Ivy gourd (at 6–8 feet above grounds) and Papaya (at 9–10 feet above grounds). This method reduces the cost and leads to higher agriculture output.
Chaurasia has been organising free training to interested farmers on 27th and 28th of every month at his farms for years. He has trained thousands of farmers and many of them have their own success stories.
Chaurasia has been awarded by prime minister Narendra Modi. He has got several other national level awards such as Patanjali krishi gaurav award, Jindal foundation swayam sidhdha award, Krishithon award, Mahindra smridhdhi krishi yuva (youth farmer), Best farmer award by Bioved institute allahabad.
- "Akash Chaurasia Organic Farmer". Down to Earth.
- "A farmer teaching-new-and-effective-techniques". Gaon Connection (in Hindi).
- "तीन में फोर लेयर फार्मिंग, सालाना कमाई 15 लाख". Dainik Bhaskar (in Hindi). 2015-04-06. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "The Crop Doctor". indiawaterportal (in Hindi).
- May 22, Kapil Dixit | TNN | Updated; 2018; Ist, 12:50. "Women script success story through multi-layer farming | Allahabad News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-06-09.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "आकाश चौरसिया Organic Farm Tips: 3 एकड़ खेत, 4 लेयर खेती, शुद्ध कमाई 15 लाख". Inkhabar (in Hindi). 2018-11-28. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "madhya-pradesh-organic-farmer". The Better India.
- "अमेरिका से 48 लाख का पैकेज छोड़ उन्नत खेती सीखने सागर आया युवक". www.patrika.com (in Hindi). Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- bureau, Odisha Diary (2017-08-04). "JSPL Foundation confers Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman upon 12 Individuals and 9 Organisations, for their exemplary work at the grassroot level". OdishaDiary. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "कृषीथॉन युवा सन्मान पुरस्कार जाहीर". Maharashtra Times (in Marathi). 2017-11-15. Retrieved 2019-06-09.
- "Mahindra Samriddhi India Agri Award 2017 Mahindra Samriddhi". Retrieved 2019-06-09.