|Owner(s)||TürkMedya (T Medya Yatırım San. ve Tic. AŞ.)|
|Founded||20 September 1918|
|Political alignment||Centre-Right|
|Circulation||103,000 (May 2013) |
Akşam was owned by the Çukurova Media Group from 1997 to 2013, and previously Mehmet Ali Ilıcak. It is currently owned by the Turkish government's TMSF. Shortly after it was acquired by the TMSF, a number of journalists were fired, with the former AKP deputy Mehmet Ocaktan replacing editor of five years İsmail Küçükkaya, and at least four journalists who had been critical of the government fired. On 19 July 2013 it was sold (together with TV channel Sky Turk 360 and radio station Alem FM) to a Cengiz-Kolin-Limak joint venture for TL60m. In September 2013, Cengiz-Kolin-Limak withdraw from the attempt of buying Akşam. In October 2013, Akşam, TV channel Sky Turk 360, radio station Alem FM and Alem Magazine was sold to Ethem Sancak.
- Kavaklı, Nurhan (2005), Bir gazetenin tarihi: Akşam ("History of a newspaper: Akşam"). Yapı Kredi Yayınları
- İsmail Küçükkaya, Akşam, 30 May 2013, AKŞAM Türkiye’nin tarihidir
- "Tiraj - MedyaTava - Yazmadıysa Doğru Değildir". 7 March 2016.
- Info-Türk, Info-Türk Editors
- bianet, 25 June 2010, Akşam Newspaper Sued for Ergenekon Reporting
- Hurriyet Daily News, 1 July 2013, Columnists fired as daily Akşam gets new chief
- Today's Zaman, 21 July 2013, Gov't asked to explain sale of media group, others Archived 22 July 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- isahin (10 September 2013). "Akşam gazetesi ve Skytürk'ün satışında büyük şok!".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 18 November 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Official website (in Turkish)