Ahmed Raza (Emirati cricketer)
Ahmed Raza (Urdu: احمد رض; born October 10, 1988) is a United Arab Emirates cricketer who currently plays for the United Arab Emirates. Raza is a right-handed batsman who bowls slow left-arm orthodox.
|Born||10 October 1988|
Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
|Bowling||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|ODI debut (cap 41)||1 February 2014 v United Arab Emirates|
|Last ODI||30 August 2018 v Nepal|
|T20I debut (cap 12)||19 March 2014 v Ireland|
|Last T20I||16 March 2019 v USA|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 12 June 2019
Raza made his List-A debut against India A in 2006. In 2007 Raza made his first-class debut against Scotland in the 2006 ICC Intercontinental Cup and has since gone on to represent the UAE in six first class matches. In the 2009 ACC Twenty20 Cup Raza was the UAE's joint leading wicket taker with twelve wickets along with Moiz Shahid.
In August 2018, he was named in the United Arab Emirates' squad for the 2018 Asia Cup Qualifier tournament. Despite the UAE losing the final to Hong Kong, he was named the player of the tournament, after taking sixteen wickets.
In December 2018, he was named in the United Arab Emirates' team for the 2018 ACC Emerging Teams Asia Cup. He was the leading wicket-taker for the United Arab Emirates in the tournament, with six dimissals in three matches. Later the same month, he was one of three players to be given an eight-week ban from international cricket for breaching the Emirates Cricket Board's Player's Code of Conduct, after using Twitter to criticise the facilities in Karachi during the tournament. In January 2019, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had accepted apologies from all the cricketers involved. In March 2019, he returned to the UAE's squad following his suspension for their series against the United States.
- "Six teams vying for the final two spots in ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2018". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- "Global T20 Canada: Complete Squads". SportsKeeda. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Global T20 Canada League – Full Squads announced". CricTracker. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Emirates Cricket Board officially announces team to represent the UAE in the Asia Cup Qualifiers 2018". Emirates Cricket Board. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "ACC Asia Cup Qualifier Final: Hong Kong Edge UAE in Thrilling Final to Qualify for Asia Cup". Asian Cricket Council. Retrieved 6 September 2018.
- "Emirates Cricket Board announce team that will represent the UAE in Asia Cricket's Emerging Teams Asia Cup 2018". Emirates Cricket Board. Retrieved 3 December 2018.
- "Asian Cricket Council Emerging Teams Cup, 2018/19 - United Arab Emirates Emerging Team: Minor cricket (one-day/limited overs): Batting and bowling averages". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Three UAE players suspended for eight weeks from international cricket". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "UAE captain Rohan Mustafa among three players suspended for eight weeks by Emirates Cricket Board". The National. Retrieved 19 December 2018.
- "PCB accepts UAE players' apologies". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "Mohammed Naveed says UAE have 'four to six captains' as he retains armband for USA series". The National. Retrieved 13 March 2019.
- Ahmed Raza on CricketArchive