Agnee (2014 film)
Agnee is a Bangladeshi action film directed by Iftakar Chowdhury and produced by Abdul Aziz under the banner of Jaaz Multimedia banner. It is a remake of French film Colombiana which was released in 2011. The film features Arifin Shuvoo and Mahiya Mahi in the lead roles and Misha Sawdagor, portraying the main antagonist of the film. The film is about Tanisha, a nine-year-old girl in Dhaka whose family is killed by underworld mafia Gulzar and Haydar. Fifteen years later, a 24 years old Tanisha has become an accomplished assassin. Even though both the killers is now under protection of the government of Thailand and are guarded by a very powerful group, led by Dragon (Arifin Shuvoo), Tanisha uses every means at her disposal, to find where Gulzar and Haydar are hiding and avenge her family's death.
|Directed by||Iftakar Chowdhury|
|Produced by||Abdul Aziz|
|Written by||A J Babu|
|Music by||Adit Ozbert|
|Edited by||Md Suzon Abdullah|
|Distributed by||Jaaz Multimedia|
Agnee was released on 14 February 2014 in Bangladesh. The film was a huge financial success as it eventually become one of the Highest grossing Bangladeshi films of 2014. The sequel of the film titled Agnee II was released in 2015.
Tanisha is a young daughter of a man working for the brutal underworld mafia Gulzar and Haydar. When Tanisha's father decides he wants to leave the crime world to make a better life for his daughter, Gulzar and Haydar kills him, and family in order to eliminate a potential threat. Gulzar kills everyone in the family, and when he is about to kill Tanisha, she stabs him and vows she will kill them one day before escaping. She grows up to be a stone-cold assassin. She receives training from her uncle and ultimately engages in vigilante murders that she hopes will lead her to her ultimate target, the powerful underworld crime syndicate responsible for her parents' death.
During mid 2013, Jaaz Multimedia announced the project with Mahiya Mahi as the main lead and Iftakar Chowdhury as the director. It was later announced that Arifin Shuvoo will join the cast as the main male lead.
|Agnee The Film|
|Genre||Films Sound Track|
|1||"Agnee" (Title Song)||Lihat Lemis||3:14|
|2||"Shudhu Tui Shunbi"||Shaan||4:37|
|3||"Tumi Dekho Shraboner Megh"||Labonno||2.50|
|4||"Shohena Jatona"||Arifin Shuvoo, Dilshad Nahar Kona||5.17|
|5||"Neshay Neshay"||Neeti Mohan||4:00|
Director Iftakar Chowdhury has made a sequel, Agnee 2. The film released in 2015.
- "Mahi looks to light up silver screen with "Agnee"". The Daily Star. Retrieved 17 April 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Agnee The Female Protagonist". The Daily Star. Retrieved 17 April 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "AGNEE THE FEMALE PROTAGONIST". The Daily Star. 1 March 2014. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Stepping Forward". The Daily Star. Retrieved 17 April 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Agnee takes box office by storm". The Daily Star. Retrieved 17 April 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Shuvo-Mahi's Warning to hit screen tomorrow". The Daily Star. Retrieved 17 April 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Chaity, Afrose Jahan (12 February 2014). "Four films hit cinemas this Valentine's Day". Dhaka Tribune.
- "Agnee takes box office by storm". The Daily Star. 17 February 2014.
- "Agnee crosses Tk3 crore mark in 3 days". Dhaka Tribune. 18 February 2014.
- Hossain, Rafi (1 March 2014). "Stepping Forward". The Daily Star.
- "Agnee the Female Protagonist". The Daily Star. 1 March 2014.
- Hriyad, Saddam Hossain (5 March 2014). "Feel the heat of Agnee, the girl with the big guns". Dhaka Tribune.
- Islam, Mohammad Zahidul (8 March 2014). "Women in Media". The Daily Star.
- Feroze, Towheed (17 March 2014). "In the flames of Agnee". Dhaka Tribune.