Aftab Alam (cricketer)
Aftab Alam (born 30 November 1992) is an Afghan international cricketer. He made his One Day International (ODI) debut for the Afghanistan national cricket team in early 2010. He made his first-class debut for Mis Ainak Region in the 2017–18 Ahmad Shah Abdali 4-day Tournament on 13 November 2017.
|Full name||Aftab Alam|
|Born||30 November 1992|
|ODI debut (cap 17)||16 February 2010 v Canada|
|Last ODI||22 June 2019 v India|
|T20I debut (cap 20)||24 March 2012 v Ireland|
|Last T20I||22 August 2018 v Ireland|
|Domestic team information|
|2017||Speen Ghar Tigers|
Source: Cricinfo, 22 June 2019
In July 2018, he was the leading wicket-taker for Speen Ghar Region in the 2018 Ghazi Amanullah Khan Regional One Day Tournament, with ten dismissals in four matches.
In April 2019, he was named in Afghanistan's squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. However, Aftab was ruled out of the tournament due to "exceptional circumstances" and was replaced by Sayed Shirzad. After the tournament, the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) handed Aftab a one-year ban from all cricket, following a series of incidents that took place during the Cricket World Cup. In June 2020, the ACB confirmed that his ban had ended and that he had joined the national team at a training camp.
- "Player Profile: Aftab Alam". Cricinfo. Retrieved 14 September 2010.
- "10th Match, Alokozay Ahmad Shah Abdali 4-day Tournament at Amanullah, Nov 13-16 2017". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 November 2017.
- "Ghazi Amanullah Khan Regional One Day Tournament, 2018 - Speen Ghar Region: Batting and bowling averages". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "Afghanistan Premier League 2018 – All you need to know from the player draft". CricTracker. Retrieved 10 September 2018.
- "Hamid Hassan picked in Afghanistan's World Cup squad; Naib to captain". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "Asghar Afghan included in Gulbadin Naib-led World Cup squad". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 22 April 2019.
- "ICC approves Shirzad as replacement for Alam". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "Afghanistan pacer Aftab Alam handed one-year suspension". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Aftab Alam Joins Team after Ban". Afghanistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 15 June 2020.
|This biographical article related to Afghan cricket is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|