Adventures by Disney
Adventures by Disney (ABD) provides group guided family vacations to various domestic and international destinations. The company is a subsidiary of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products's Signature Experiences division. Disney Parks is a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company.
|Adventures by Disney|
|Subsidiary of public corporation|
|Founded||May 5, 2005|
|Parent||Disney Signature Experiences|
(Disney Parks, Experiences and Products)
Adventures by Disney provides 37 planned trips on six continents. On an Adventures by Disney vacation, guests are taken on expeditions that often feature activities designed for families and kids (or 'Junior Adventurers'). Two Disney-trained adventure guides (cast members) look after a group.
By 2015, Adventures by Disney expanded its destinations to span six continents. Also in 2015, Adventures by Disney introduced several shorter four- and five-day "Long Weekend" itineraries in New York City, Nashville, San Francisco and Wyoming.
On April 13, 2015, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announced that Adventures by Disney will have river cruise vacations. AmaWaterways will host the river cruises while Adventures by Disney will guide and storytell with the group. Danube River cruises are expected to start in 2016. AmaWaterways and the company added a Rhine River cruise in 2017 on the new AMAKristina ship with six trips.
In 2016, Disney added a seven-day Central Florida tour that includes three days at Disney World with some backstage access, a day at Kennedy Space Center, a night at Disney Springs and additional days with kayak, boating and a BBQ. Soon after a March 2018 conglomerate wide reorganization that formed Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment division, Disney Cruise Line and New Vacation Operations was renamed Disney Signature Experiences along with the appointment of a new president, Jeff Vahle.
- Ward, Terry (February 24, 2015). "Adventures by Disney: Long weekends, Disney-style". USA Today Travel. Gannett. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- Baran, Michelle (February 13, 2015). "Disney Vacations You Didn't Know Existed". The Weather Channel. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- "Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc. (File Number: 4079597)". Entity Search. Delaware Department of State: Division of Corporations. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- Kelleher, Suzanne Rowan. "Adventures by Disney Long Weekend Itineraries". About. Archived from the original on Feb 4, 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Sloan, Gene (April 13, 2015). "Exclusive: Disney to get into river cruising". USA Today. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- Tribou, Richard (April 16, 2016). "Disney to offer new Rhine River cruises". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved April 21, 2016.
- "With a new tour at Kennedy Space Center, Disney is one step to closer to admitting there's more to Florida than the Mouse". Orlando Weekly. February 22, 2016. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- Tribou, Richard (April 20, 2018). "New president named for Disney Cruise Line, Vacation Club and more". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved April 30, 2018.