|Predecessor||Kronos (founded in 1951) and Agenzia Di Notizie (founded in 1959)|
|Founded||1963(by merger of Kronos and Agenzia Di Notizie)|
|Parent||Giuseppe Marra Communications|
|Website|| • adnkronos.com, agency's official website (in Italian)|
• adnkronos.com/AKI/English, agency's official English-language website
History and profileEdit
The agency was expanded to include Adnkronos Salute which is a health agency. In 2003, the agency established its International office, Adnkronos International, which provides news and reports in Arabic and English, mainly from the Arab world.
- Gaspari, Federico (2013). "A phraseological comparison of international news agency reports published online: Lexical bundles in the English-language output of ANSA, Adnkronos, Reuters and UPI". Studies in Variation, Contacts and Change in English. 13. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Iran, Italy news agencies agree to promote cooperation". IRNA. 15 July 2014. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- The Europa World Year Book 2003. Taylor & Francis. 2003. p. 2247. ISBN 978-1-85743-227-5.
- Gino Moliterno (2002). Encyclopedia of Contemporary Italian Culture. Routledge. p. 406. ISBN 978-1-134-75877-7.