Administrative division codes of the People's Republic of China
Administrative division codes of the People's Republic of China identify administrative divisions of the PRC at county level and above. They are published by the National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China with the latest version issued on September 30, 2015.
|Administrative division codes of the People's Republic of China|
|North China (Division 1)|
|Northeast China (Area 2)|
|East China (Division 3)|
|South Central China (Division 4)|
|Southwest China (Division 5)|
|Northwest China (Division 6)|
|Taiwan (Division 7)|
|Hong Kong and Macau (Division 8)|
Reading from left to right, administrative division codes contain the following information:
- The first and second digits identify the highest level administrative division, which may be a province, autonomous region, municipality or Special Administrative Region (SAR).
- Digits three and four show summary data for the associated city, prefecture (地区 dìqū), autonomous prefecture, Mongolian league, municipal city district or county. Codes 01 - 20 and 51 - 70 identify provincial level cities, codes 21 - 50 represent prefectures, autonomous prefectures and Mongolian leagues.
- The fifth and sixth digits represent the county level division - city districts, county-level cities, county and the banner areas of Inner Mongolia. Codes 01 - 18 represent municipal districts or regions (autonomous prefectures and Mongolian leagues) under the jurisdiction of county-level cities. Codes 21 - 80 stand for counties and Mongolian banner areas while codes 81 - 99 represent county level cities directly administered by a province.
Division codes for statistic useEdit
Division codes for statistic use consist of administrative division codes and another 6 digits, identify administrative divisions of the PRC at village level and above. For example, 110102 007 003, 110102 refers to Xicheng District, Beijing, 007 refers to Yuetan Subdistrict and 003 refers to Yuetan Community.
- Administrative divisions of the People's Republic of China
- ISO 3166-2:CN
- OKATO, a somewhat similar numeric code system used in Russia
- PRC National Standard GB/T 2260—1999
- "Latest county level and above administrative division codes (September 30, 2015) [最新县及县以上行政区划代码(截止2015年9月30日)]" (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- "Complete administrative division codes of 2015 (September 30, 2015) [2013年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码(截止2015年9月30日)]" (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved December 20, 2014.