Adam Mickiewicz Institute
The Adam Mickiewicz Institute (Polish: Instytut Adama Mickiewicza) is a government-sponsored organization funded by Poland's Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, and headquartered at ulica Mokotowska 25 (the Sugar Palace) in Warsaw.
|Founded||1 March 2000|
|20 countries, worldwide|
|Product||Polish cultural and language education|
|Krzysztof Olendzki, Director|
Named after Polish national poet Adam Mickiewicz, its goal is to promote the Polish language and Polish culture abroad. The Institute operates a trilingual Polish-English-Russian portal, "Culture.pl", founded in 2001.
Besides a large number of associated poets, essayists, writers, translators, artists; literary, music, and film critics; and curators, the Institute includes Krzysztof Olendzki, the Director (the former one was Paweł Potoroczyn), as well as three deputy directors and number of key projects and programmes managers.
In addition to the Ministry-of-Culture-sponsored Adam Mickiewicz Institute, there are Polish Cultural Institutes, sponsored by the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in over 22 major foreign cities, including Berlin, Bratislava, Budapest, Bucharest, Düsseldorf, Kiev, Leipzig, London, Minsk, Moscow, New York City, Paris, Prague, Rome, Saint Petersburg, Sofia, Stockholm, Tel Aviv, Vienna, and Vilnius.
While the Adam Mickiewicz Institute frequently collaborates with the Polish Cultural Institutes, each institution is independent of the other and is sponsored by a different Polish government ministry.
Projects and Programmes (some of them)Edit
- Polska 100 - to mark the centenary of Poland’s independence by many activities in six areas: music, design, visual arts, film, theatre, and new technologies.
- I, CULTURE Orchestra - musical project for young musicians from Poland, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Hungary, Moldova and Ukraine.
- Digital Culture - to support international presence of Polish digital artists (the Digital Cultures conference is among other activities on this track).
- Polska Design Programme
- Don`t Panic! We`re from Poland - promotes contemporary Polish music abroad
- Adam Mickiewicz Institute: About us Archived February 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Ambassador Krzysztof Olendzki appointed Director of the Adam Mickiewicz Institute @www.classicalsource.com". classicalsource.com. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- IAM (2013). "Director: Paweł Potoroczyn". Instytut Adama Mickiewicza. Archived from the original on 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Instytuty Polskie". Msz.gov.pl. Archived from the original on 2012-02-16. Retrieved 2012-05-18.
- Polish Cultural Institutes around the world - arranged according to cities in an alphabetical order. Internet Archive. Retrieved May 9, 2013.
- "I, CULTURE Orchestra". Askonas Holt. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- "Digital Cultures Conference 24-25.09.2018 / Warsaw". digitalcultures.pl. Retrieved 2018-12-27.
- "LONDON DESIGN FAIR". DANA JUSZCZYK. Retrieved 2018-12-27.