This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
July 1970 (age 48)
London, England, UK
|Known for||hashcash, Blockstream|
He is the inventor of hashcash, the proof-of-work system used by several anti-spam systems. A similar system is used in bitcoin. Hashcash has also been used in a number of other protocols such as combating blog spam, and defending against user namespace pollution.
He was the first to formalize the Non-Interactive Forward-Secrecy security property for email and to observe that any Identity Based Encryption scheme can be used to provide Non-Interactive Forward Secrecy.
He is also known for pioneering the use of ultra-compact code with his 3-line RSA in Perl signature file and non-exportable T-shirts to protest the (now relaxed) United States cryptography export regulations.
- "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" (PDF).
- "hashcash.org - blog plugins". hashcash.org.
- "I2P's Threat Model". i2p2.de.
- "credlib - Credential Library". cypherspace.org.
- "Non-Interactive Forward Secrecy". cypherspace.org.
- "export-a-crypto-system sig". cypherspace.org.
- "Munitions T-shirt". cypherspace.org.
- "Blockstream". blockstream.com.