Accumoli is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Rieti in the Italian region Lazio, located about 110 kilometres (68 mi) northeast of Rome and about 45 kilometres (28 mi) northeast of Rieti. It is located in the natural park known as the "Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga National Park".
|Comune di Accumoli|
|Frazioni||Cassino, Cesaventre, Colleposta, Collespada, Fonte del Campo, Grisciano, Illica, Libertino, Macchia, Macchiola, Mole, Poggio Casoli, Poggio d'Api, Roccasalli, San Giovanni, San Giovanni Vecchio, Terracino, Tino, Villanova|
|• Mayor||Stefano Petrucci|
|• Total||87.37 km2 (33.73 sq mi)|
|Elevation||855 m (2,805 ft)|
(31 March 2017)
|• Density||7.3/km2 (19/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Holy Virgin Addolorata|
|Saint day||Third Sunday in September|
Located at an altitude of 855 m above sea level in the Umbria-Marche Apennines, Accumoli is an enclave within the province of Ascoli Piceno. Until 1927, it was part of the province of Aquila in Abruzzo.
The climate is typical internal Apennines with cold, snowy winters and summers almost never too hot.
- Civic Tower (12th century)
- Palazzo del Podestà, now the town hall
- Palazzo del Guasto (15th century).
- Palazzo Marini, in Mannerist style. is characterized by a portal framed by ashlar diamond and columns with Ionic capitals in twisted elephant legs.
- Palazzo Cappello (17th century), located near the medieval fortress
- Monument to Salvatore (1927)
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Powerful Earthquakes in Italy.