Academy of Technology
The Academy of Technology (AOT)  is an engineering college in West Bengal, India. To meet the growing demand of technical manpower and in view of fiscal constraints at the government level, Ananda Educational Development and Charitable Organisation(AEDCO), a trust under the chairmanship of Prof. Jagannath Banerjee, an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta, established the Academy of Technology in September 2003. Spread over an area of 10.66 acres, the college is affiliated with West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT), and all the programmes are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The students of the college are known as AOTians. 
Combined image of the logos of academy of technology before 2013 and since 2013
|Motto||'Translate Your Vision Into Reality'|
|Director||Dr Dilip Bhattacharya|
The campus is located at Adi Saptagram on the side of G. T. Road, appx half KM from Adi Saptagram Rail station on Howrah Bardhaman main line, in the industrial region of Hooghly under Kolkata Metropolitan Development Area, West Bengal. Kolkata airport is 47 km away from the campus. The rail station is help for travelling from Kolkata/ Howrah/ Burdwan & surrounding areas. 
The institute offers six B.Tech courses along with five postgraduate courses apart from Ph.D programme with the affiliation of WBUT.
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)- 4 years [Approved intake - 120]
- B.Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE)- 4 years [Approved intake - 60]
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering (EE)- 4 years [Approved intake - 120]
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (ME)- 4 years [Approved intake - 120]
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)- 4 years [Approved intake - 120]
- B.Tech in Information Technology (IT)- 4 years [Approved intake - 60]
- M.Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (AEIE)- 2 years [Approved intake - 18]
- M.Tech in Electrical Engineering (EE)- 2 years [Approved intake - 18]
- M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)- 2 years [Approved intake - 18]
- M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)- 2 years [Approved intake - 18]
- Masters in Computer Application(M.C.A)- 3 years [Approved intake - 60]
Admission to the B.Tech courses in the college is on the basis of the position secured by the candidate in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination and All India Engineering Entrance Examination. Admission in M.Tech are made on the basis of merit position of the candidate in the GATE/PGET. Admission to Master in Computer Application is through JECA conducted by the State Joint Entrance Board. 
Apart from above, the institute also has the following departments for supplementing the needs of the various courses taught here:
The faculty includes a number of former professors of eminent institutions like IIT Kharagpur.
The campus life includes Arcadia-the Campus festival, Techfiesta-the techfest, Humatronics-the in-campus talent search program and the annual Sports. Various national and international conferences are held frequently in the college. Workshops on various topics are frequently organized by the senior students to encourage the juniors.
- Thakur, Prakash (May 5, 2015), "Academy of Technology", Idiots Monkey
- Swamy, V. Kumara (June 11, 2009), "10 Top TECH Schools", The Telegraph, retrieved December 26, 2009
- Chaudhuri, Prasun (June 17, 2010), "A CUT ABOVE - AOT has joined the top league of tech schools in Bengal within seven years of its inception", The Telegraph, archived from the original on July 16, 2011, retrieved June 24, 2010
- "Academy of Technology, Hooghly".
- Chaudhuri, Prasun (July 25, 2013), "Surging Ahead", The Telegraph, retrieved August 24, 2013