Aberfeldy railway station
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aberfeldy railway station served the village of Aberfeldy in Scotland. The station was the terminus of the branch line from Ballinluig. The station had a very uneventful history, the other main dates being the line from Ballinluig being closed to freight in March 1965, and then passengers in May 1965.
|Area||Perth and Kinross|
|Original company||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|3 July 1865||Station opens|
|3 May 1965||Station closes|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Opened by the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway, and absorbed into the Highland Railway, it became part of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923. Passing on to the Scottish Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, it was then closed by the British Railways Board.
The station had been the location of a Camping coach.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
Line and station closed
Inverness and Perth Junction Railway
The site todayEdit
The old station is now demolished, replaced by a parking space.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on Aberfeldy Branch
- Aberfeldy station on navigable O. S. map
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|