International Animated Film Association
|Wikinews has related news: Annie Awards for animation Sunday; Wikinews will be there|
The International Animated Film Association (French: Association Internationale du Film d'Animation, ASIFA) is an international non-profit organization founded in 1960 in Annecy, France, by the best known animation artists of the time such as the Canadian animator, Norman McLaren. There are now more than 30 chapters of the Association located in many countries of the world.
ASIFA's board of directors comprise animation professionals from all over the world and they meet at ASIFA-sponsored animation film festivals on a regular basis. Some of the most well-known festivals include the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in France, the Ottawa International Animated Film Festival in Canada, the Animae Caribe in the Caribbean, the Hiroshima International Animation Festival in Japan, and the Zagreb World Festival of Animated Films in Croatia. The annual Annie Awards are presented by the Hollywood branch of the International Animated Film Association.
- "ASIFA Egypt Facebook group". Retrieved 9 June 2010.
- Noureddin, Zarrinkelk (January 2004). "President's Letter – January 2003". ASIFA. Archived from the original on February 4, 2009. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- Lendvai, Erzsi. Egy halhatatlanságra vágyó animátor . FilmKultúra. 2002.
- "What is ASIFA?". ASIFA. 1999. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- Renoldner, Thomas (March 2002). "President's Letter – March 2002". ASIFA. Archived from the original on July 4, 2008. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "Basic information on ASIFA". ASIFA. December 2006. Archived from the original on February 4, 2009. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- Board Elects New Officials
- "ASIFA Board Elects Officials for a 3 year Term" Archived 2013-10-29 at the Wayback Machine, Jan 21st, 2013 on asifa.net
|This article related to a film organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an international organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This animation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|