ARCA Midwest Tour
The ARCA Midwest Tour presented by SCAG Power Equipment is a pavement Super Late Model auto racing series based in the Midwestern United States with its headquarters in Oregon, Wisconsin. The Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA) sanctions the regional series as a developmental series along with its CRA Super Series.
|Category||Stock car racing|
|Drivers' champion||Casey Johnson|
The series can trace its roots back to the ARTGO series which was formed in 1975. NASCAR sanctioned the tour from 1998 until 2006. During that time, it was known as the RE/MAX Challenge Series, International Truck & Engine Midwest Series and finally the NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division, Midwest Series. NASCAR discontinued the series in 2006 as car counts dwindled.
Tim Olson and Stephen Einhaus formed Cars and Stars Promotions in 2006 to begin a separate series that replaced the defunct ARTGO/NASCAR series. It was sanctioned by the American Speed Association (ASA) and was known as the ASA Midwest Tour. ARCA took over sanctioning the series in 2013 when it began to be known as the ARCA Midwest Tour. Tim Olson, President of the ARCA Midwest Tour, announced that he has sold the ownership of the ARCA Midwest Tour to former Big 8 Series Director and Rockford Speedway General Manager Gregg McKarns. The purchase of ARCA by NASCAR on April 27, 2018 indirectly reunited the series with the series' former sanctioning body.
In 2013, the tour made stops at tracks in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota.
The 2019 season planned to visit Madison International Speedway, State Park Speedway (Wausau, Wisconsin), Jefferson Speedway, Wisconsin International Raceway, the Milwaukee Mile, Rockford Speedway, Dells Raceway Park and La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway.
The series has its "Touring Stars" program, which recognizes the top drivers committed to racing the whole schedule. The "Touring Stars" are featured throughout the year on posters and event fliers promoting the series, as well as are eligible for pay bonuses at each race.
There have also been many NASCAR stars that have made appearances in the ASA Midwest Tour, such as Aric Almirola, David Ragan, David Stremme, Rusty Wallace, Tony Stewart, Kelly Bires, Kevin Harvick, Landon Cassill, Matt Kenseth, Jeff Green, Ron Hornaday, Kyle Busch, Travis Kvapil, Todd Kluever, Johnny Sauter, Erik Darnell, Scott Wimmer, Ken Schrader, Tim Sauter, Jay Sauter, Dick Trickle, Natalie Decker and Rich Bickle.
|Season||Champion||Rookie of the Year|
|2007||Nathan Haseleu||Jonathan Eilen|
|2008||Dan Fredrickson||Nick Murgic|
|2009||Steve Carlson||Jacob Goede|
|2010||Steve Carlson||Ross Kenseth|
|2011||Andrew Morrissey||Skylar Holzhausen|
|2012||Jonathan Eilen||Matt Tifft|
|2013||Dan Fredrickson||James Swan|
|2014||Ty Majeski||Ty Majeski|
|2015||Ty Majeski||Austin Nason|
|2016||Ty Majeski||Casey Johnson|
|2017||Ty Majeski||Michael Ostdiek|
|2018||Dalton Zehr||Billy Mohn|
|2019||Casey Johnson||Gabe Sommers|
The series has raced at dozens of race tracks in the Upper Midwest, such as:
- Berlin Raceway, Marne, Michigan
- Dells Raceway Park, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Elko Speedway, Elko, Minnesota
- Grundy County Speedway, Morris, Illinois
- Hawkeye Downs Speedway, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- I-94 Speedway, Sauk Centre, Minnesota
- Illiana Motor Speedway, Schererville, Indiana
- Iowa Speedway, Newton, Iowa
- Jefferson Speedway, Cambridge, Wisconsin
- La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway, West Salem, Wisconsin
- Madison International Speedway, Oregon, Wisconsin
- Marshfield Superspeedway, Marshfield, Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Mile, West Allis, Wisconsin
- Norway Speedway, Norway, Michigan
- Raceway Park, Shakopee, Minnesota
- Rockford Speedway, Rockford, Illinois
- State Park Speedway, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Rockford Speedway, Loves Park, Illinois
- Wisconsin International Raceway, Kaukauna, Wisconsin
- Kallman, Dave (November 13, 2012). "Midwest Tour joins ARCA stock-car family for 2013". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Retrieved November 14, 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "McKarns Takes Over ARCA Midwest Tour Ownership | Speed 51 | 100% Short Track Racing". speed51.com. Retrieved July 12, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Dale, Holly (April 27, 2018). "NASCAR acquires ARCA, affirming commitment to next generation of racers". NASCAR. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "NASCAR Welcomes ARCA to the Family". Automobile Racing Club of America. April 27, 2018. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "2014 points standings". ARCA Midwest Tour. Retrieved November 23, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Kevin Ramsell & Stephanie Johnson. "Dan Fredrickson's Late Charge Makes him a Four-Time Oktoberfest Winner". LaCrosse Fairgrounds Speedway. Retrieved October 12, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Zehr Nabs Elko Win". ARCA Midwest Tour. Retrieved September 25, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Zehr Clinches ARCA Midwest Title Over Upset Nason". Speed51.com. Retrieved November 24, 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)