APC United Late Model Series
|Category||Late model stock cars|
|Manufacturers||Chevrolet · Toyota · Ford|
|Drivers' champion||Jo Lawrence|
|Official website||APC United Late Model Series|
The series was founded in 2015 with the purpose of revitalizing late model stock car racing at paved short oval tracks in Southern Ontario. The touring series consists of seven to ten races per year running from May until September and has competed at six different Ontario race tracks.
The first race took place on May 23, 2015 at Sunset Speedway and was won by Dwayne Baker. The series has a title sponsorship with APC Auto Parts Centres, a Canadian auto parts supplier and retail chain.
The following are the tracks which have been or are currently used in the APC United Late Model Series:
||Ontario||1/2 Mile||Turns 5°-7°|
|2017–Present||Jukasa Motor Speedway||Cayuga
||Ontario||5/8 Mile||Turns 8.5°|
|2016–Present||Sauble Speedway||Sauble Beach
Rookies of the YearEdit
|Year||Rookie of the Year||Number|
- Pyette, Ryan (June 24, 2015). "Delaware Speedway gearing up for Canada Day Sifton 100". The London Free Press. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Clarke, Jim (July 17, 2015). "APC Pro Late Model tour debuts Saturday at Peterborough Speedway". The Peterborough Examiner. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- McCubbin, Ashley (May 23, 2015). "PREVIEW: APC Auto Parts United Late Models of Ontario Tour presented by Grisdales Canusa 100". OnPitRoad.com. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Miller, Tim (November 20, 2019). "Here's one autosport that is growing with fans and late-model teams". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Massey, Rob (Oct 28, 2015). "Guelph's Dale Shaw to celebrate series title with race in U.S." Guelph Mercury. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Johns, Clayton (September 20, 2016). "Andrew Gresel wins Great Canadian race at Delaware and claims APC series championship". Inside Track Motorsport News. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Dyson, Ryan (September 17, 2017). "Andrew Gresel wins the Great Canadian race, Brandon Watson the 2017 champion". Inside Track Motorsport News. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Pyette, Ryan (September 16, 2018). "Watson wins at Delaware, but Fitzpatrick wears APC tour crown". Timmins Press. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- "Matt Pritiko completes long-awaited APC United Late Model Series Championship season". Inside Track Motorsport News. September 20, 2019. Retrieved July 5, 2020.
- Dyson, Ryan (September 28, 2020). "Lawrence wins APC title in style with big day at Jukasa". Inside Track Motorsport News. Retrieved September 28, 2020.