960 Music Group
960 Music Group (also known as 960 Music), headquartered in Lagos, is a Nigerian record company, content owner, and artist management firm focused on providing diverse audio and visual entertainment across Nigeria. The company is headed by Mark Redguard.
|Industry||Music and Entertainment|
|Founder||Efe Omorogbe (co-founder)|
Independent record labels under 960 Music include Hypertek Digital (2 Face, Sir Victor Uwaifo, Rocksteady and Dammy Krane), Aristokrat Records (Pucado, Kamar Tachio, Ozone, Mojeed and Leriq) and Ultima Productions (Geoffrey Oji). On 19 November 2014, 960 Music Group announced the addition of Password to the label on a management and promotions deal.
960 Music Group was founded in 2013. It is funded by Rio Partners, and is the first music group in Nigeria to acquire different music labels and bring them together to form a big diversified group. 960 Music is considered as part of the "new school" evolution of African Music. In 2013, 960 Music Group acquired a 40 percent stake in Hypertek Records and Aristokrat Records, leading 960 Music to be listed on Nigeria Entertainment Today's list of the "65 People, Places, Events And Things To Watch Out For In 2014". In mid 2013, Nigerian singer 2face Idibia officially signalled the end of his former label, Hypertek Entertainment, and launched a new imprint (Hypertek Digital) under 960 Music.
On 29 November 2013, 960 Music Group, through one of its subsidiaries Hypertek Digital, signed Sir Victor Uwaifo. Uwaifo has over five hundred songs to his name, and was the first African to win a Golden Record. This move was to show that 960 Music is in the market to push through "old-school" acts whose relevance transcend the generational gap. Burna Boy also released his music video "Na So E Suppose Be" under the label.
Partnership with Ultima ProductionsEdit
On 27 October 2014, 960 Music announced a partnership with Ultima Productions aligning the two companies’ interests in driving digital growth, breaking new music barriers, and creating new marketing opportunities for MTN's Project Fame West Africa Season 7 finalists. The partnership would initially focus on the A&R, promotion, marketing, distribution and monetization of the Season 7 winner. It would also provide winners the opportunity to gain real-world experience after the show.
Mark Redguard, CEO of 960 Music Group, remarked that he was excited to work with one of the biggest talent producing shows in Nigeria and firmly believes that the partnership would be one of the most fruitful partnerships the Nigerian Music Industry had ever seen. Redguard continued:
The team at 960 Music understands that old formulas don’t work as well as they must in the digital age, and that we have to think differently to build a robust future for the music industry. Today, music companies and Media & Entertainment companies need to be more supportive of each other’s needs. This partnership begins that new era, and will help both companies thrive in the reality of the African Music Scene and the digital world".— Mark Redguard, 
960 Music Group, in conjunction with Ultima Productions, has commenced filming a reality TV show with Geoffrey Oji. The show, titled Project Fame Unplugged, is a Behind the Scenes television series designed to showcase the making of the Geoffrey music brand, and get all access to his entire creative process.
Under Ultima Productions/960 Music, MTN Project Fame, West Africa Season 7 winner, Geoffrey Oji, released his debut single titled 'Bursting My Brain'. The song was very well received by his old and new fans off the show
Best of MTN Project Fame 7.0Edit
In February 2015, 960 Music Group released the compilation album by finalists of season 7 of MTN's Project Fame West Africa. The album, which was executive produced by Mark Redguard and Password, consists of 13 songs produced by Password, Cobhams Asuquo, Wilson Joel, Royal Priest and Prodo. The album was included in the March edition of MyStreetz magazine, and is being given away for free through e-commerce retailer, Konga.com.
under 960 Music Group
under 960 Music Group
under 960 Music Group
|2face Idibia||Hypertek Digital||3||The Ascension|
|Dammy Krane||7||The Enterkraner|
|Pucado||Aristokrat Records||3||Pukie The Great|
|Mojeed||5||Westernized West African|
|Geoffrey Oji||Ultima Productions||1|
- "Digital Media and Entertainment". Africa Business Conference. Archived from the original on 12 April 2014. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- ""Digital is the future of Entertainment, Mark Redguard"". Archived from the original on 2014-05-18. Retrieved 2014-05-12.
- Pulse, NG. "Producer Signs To 960 Music Group". www.pulse.ng. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Africa, On the Rise (Analysis)"
- "65 People, Places, Events And Things To Watch Out For In 2014..." Archived 2014-05-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- http://eraveng.com/2013/11/29/2face-idibia-signals-the-end-of-hypertek-entertainment-launches-hypertek-digital/ "2face Idibia Signals The End of Hypertek Entertainment + Launches Hypertek Digital.
- 960 Music/OloriSuperGirl "Hypertek Digital Signs Sir Victor Uwaifo". Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "VIDEO: 2face Idibia Signs Prof. Sir Victor Uwaifo To Hypertek Digital". NotjustOk. 2013-11-30. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
- 960 Music Group Artiste "BN Video Premiere: Burna Boy – Na So E Suppose Be".
- "Geoffrey Oji Wins Season 7 of MTN Project Fame West Africa". www.360nobs.com. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "960 Music Group & Ultima Productions Announce Partnership To Promote Project Fame 7 Winner". www.360nobs.com. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "960 Music Group & Ultima Productions Announce Partnership To Promote Project Fame 7 Winner". 360Nobs. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "960 Music Group & Ultima Productions Announce Partnership To Promote Project Fame 7 Winner"
- "Record label announces 'Project Fame Unplugged' TV Show starring Season 7 winner, Geoffrey". www.pulse.ng.
- Owoso, Taiwo. "Geoffrey - 'Bursting my brain'".
- Akan, Joey (27 February 2015). "Finalists release compilation album, 'Best of MTN Project Fame 7.0'". Pulse. Retrieved 21 March 2015.