This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)
This article concerns the period 889 BC – 880 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trendsEdit
- 887 BC—Soshenq II succeeds Osorkon I as king of Egypt.
- 885 BC—Takelot I succeeds Soshenq II as king of Egypt.
- 885 BC—King Yi of Zhou, son of King Yih, is restored to the throne.
- 883 BC—Ashurnasirpal II succeeds his father Tukulti-Ninurta II as king of Assyria.
- 880 BC—Ashurnasirpal moves the Assyrian royal capital to Kalhu (modern Nimrud, Iraq). Human-headed winged lion (lamassu) gateway supports from the palace date from this period to 859 BC.