62nd Massachusetts Infantry Regiment
|62nd Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry|
|Active||March 1865 to 5 May 1865|
|Country||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Army|
|Colonel||Ansel D Wass|
Returning from his command of the 60th Massachusetts Infantry, Colonel Ansel D Wass began to raise another infantry regiment at Readville, Massachusetts for one year's service. With the last companies of the 61st Massachusetts Infantry leaving camp in early March 1865, new recruits began forming another regiment. Between March and 11 April 1865, four companies had been mustered in when General Lee's surrender stopped the organization. The volunteers remained in camp until 5 May, when they were mustered out of service.
From a complement of 405 men, two died from disease, while eight others deserted.
- Bowen, James L (1889). Massachusetts in the War 1861–1865. Springfield, MA: Clark W Bryer + Co. OCLC 1986476.
- Dyer, Frederick H (1908). A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. Des Moines, IA: Dyer Pub. Co. ASIN B01BUFJ76Q.
- Hall, Charles Winslow (1900). Regiments and Armories of Massachusetts. An Historical Narration of the Massachusetts Volunteer Militia. With Portraits and Biographies of Officers, Past and Present, etc. Vol. 1. Boston, MA: W.H. Potter & Co. OCLC 559765857.
- Headley, Phineas Camp (1866). Massachusetts in the Rebellion : a Record of the Historical Position of the Commonwealth, and the Services of the Leading Statesmen, the Military, the Colleges, and the People, in the Civil War of 1861-65. Boston, MA: Walker, Fuller & Co. OCLC 8406829.
- Higginson, Thomas Wentworth (1866). Massachusetts in the Army and Navy During the War of 1861-65, 8 Volumes. Boston, MA: Wright and Potter Printing Co, State Printers. OCLC 1049652105.
- Nason, George W. (1910). History and Complete Roster of the Massachusetts Regiments, Minute Men of '61. Boston, MA: Smith & McCance. OCLC 57590583.
- Schouler, William (1868). A History of Massachusetts in the Civil War. Boston, MA: E.P. Dutton & Co. OCLC 2662693.
- Stevens, Jesse F, The Adjutant General (1931). Massachusetts Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines in the Civil War, in 8 Volumes. Norwood, MA: Norwood Press. ASIN B000UH94DC.
- War Department, U.S. (1880). The War of the Rebellion: A Compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office. OCLC 857196196.