2020 Abkhazian presidential election
This article documents a current election. Information may change rapidly as the election progresses, until official results have been published. Initial news reports may be unreliable, and the last updates to this article may not reflect the most current information. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Presidential elections were held in the Republic of Abkhazia on 22 March 2020 following the decision of the Supreme Court to annul the results of the 2019 election on 10 January, and the subsequent resignation of President Raul Khajimba due to protests against his presidency.
|Presidential candidate||Career||Supporting Parties||Vice Presidential candidate|
|Adgur Ardzinba||Current Minister for Economy and Vice Prime Minister||Apsny, Aruaa, Forum for the National Unity of Abkhazia, People's Party of Abkhazia||Arda Enverovich Ashub|
|Aslan Bzhania||Former Head of the State Security Service of Abkhazia||Amtsakhara, United Abkhazia||Badr Gunba|
|Leonid Dzapshba||Former Minister for Internal Affairs of Abkhazia||Akzaara||Viktor Shamilovich Khashba|
|None of the above||1,666||1.83|
- "Abkhaz Leader Resigns Amid Ongoing Election-Fraud Protests In Breakaway Region". Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty. 12 January 2020. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- "Explainer: what happened in Abkhazia and what's next – between the president's dismissal & new elections". JAM News. 16 January 2020. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- Joshua Kucera (13 January 2020). "Abkhazian leader resigns, new elections called". EurasiaNet. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- David X. Noack (15 January 2020). "Krise und Rücktritt". junge Welt. Retrieved 11 February 2020.
- Три к одному: предвыборный расклад в Абхазии, sputnik-abkhazia.ru 12. February 2020.
- David X. Noack (26 March 2020). "Abchasien will Veränderung". junge Welt. Retrieved 26 March 2020.
- "Премьер-министром Абхазии станет экс-президент Анкваб". RIA Novosti. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2020.