2019 Laver Cup
The 2019 Laver Cup will be the third edition of the Laver Cup, a men's tennis tournament between teams from Europe and the rest of the world. It will be held on indoor hard courts at the Palexpo in Geneva, Switzerland from 20 until 22 September.
|2019 Laver Cup|
|Date||20–22 September 2019|
On 13 December 2018, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal were the first players to confirm their participation for Team Europe. During the 2019 Madrid Open, Stan Wawrinka expressed interest in participating in the event with Federer, but he will instead play at the St. Petersburg Open in Russia. On 14 June 2019, Dominic Thiem, Alexander Zverev and Fabio Fognini announced their participation for Team Europe. On 3 July 2019, Kevin Anderson, John Isner, Milos Raonic and Denis Shapovalov were announced for Team World. Stefanos Tsitsipas and Nick Kyrgios were both confirmed for the event on 13 August. As his final picks, Team World captain John McEnroe chose Jack Sock and Taylor Fritz, with Fritz replacing the injured Anderson.
- Singles rankings as of 16 September 2019.
- Alt = Alternate
Each match win on day 1 is worth one point, on day 2 two points, and on day 3 three points. The first team to 13 points wins. Since four matches are played each day, there is a total of 24 points available. However, since 12 of the total points are earned on day 3, neither team can win prior to the final day of play.
- "Nadal to team up with Federer for Laver Cup in Geneva". 2018-12-13.
- "Roger Federer reveals disappointed feelings Stan Wawrinka's Laver Cup snub". 2019-05-10.
- "Zverev, Thiem & Fognini To Play For Team Europe In 2019 Laver Cup". ATP Tour. 2019-06-14.
- "Anderson, Isner, Raonic, Shapovalov Confirmed For 2019 Laver Cup". ATP Tour. 3 July 2019. Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- "Tsitsipas and Kyrgios set to renew rivalry at the Laver Cup". Laver Cup. 2019-08-13.
- "Jack Sock and Taylor Fritz round out Team World". Laver Cup. 2019-09-10.
- "How Laver Cup Works". Laver Cup. Retrieved 2019-08-14.