2018 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships – Men's 200 metre butterfly
The men's 200 metre butterfly competition at the 2018 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships took place on August 10 at the Tokyo Tatsumi International Swimming Center. The defending champion was Daiya Seto of Japan.
|Men's 200 metre butterfly |
at the 2018 Pan Pacific Swimming Championships
|Venue||Tokyo Tatsumi International Swimming Center|
|Dates||10 August (heats &|
|Competitors||20 from 10 nations|
Prior to this competition, the existing world and Pan Pacific records were as follows:
|World record||Michael Phelps (USA)||1:51.51||Rome, Italy||29 July 2009|
|Pan Pacific Championships record||Michael Phelps (USA)||1:53.80||Victoria, Canada||17 August 2006|
All times are in minutes and seconds.
|KEY:||QA||Qualified A Final||QB||Qualified B Final||CR||Championships record||NR||National record||PB||Personal best||SB||Seasonal best|
The first round was held on 10 August from 10:00.
Only two swimmers from each country may advance to the A or B final. If a country not qualify any swimmer to the A final, that same country may qualify up to three swimmers to the B final.
|1||Jack Conger||United States||1:55.18||QA|
|2||Zach Harting||United States||1:55.28||QA|
|4||Leonardo de Deus||Brazil||1:55.99||QA|
|6||Justin Wright||United States||1:56.37||QB|
|10||Lewis Clareburt||New Zealand||1:57.36||QA|
|11||Jay Litherland||United States||1:58.04||QB|
|12||Luiz Altamir Melo||Brazil||1:58.09||QB|
|14||Chase Kalisz||United States||1:58.91|
|20||Nelson Batallones||Northern Mariana Islands||2:32.92|
The B final was held on 10 August from 18:00.
|9||Luiz Altamir Melo||Brazil||1:56.23|
|10||Justin Wright||United States||1:57.27|
|11||Jay Litherland||United States||1:58.31|
The A final was held on 10 August from 18:00.
|Leonardo de Deus||Brazil||1:54.89|
|Zach Harting||United States||1:55.05|
|7||Jack Conger||United States||1:56.83|
|8||Lewis Clareburt||New Zealand||1:57.37|
- "Schedule Pan Pacs 2018". Pan Pacs 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Results of the 200-metre butterfly finals at 2014 Pan Pacific". Australia Swimming. 21 August 2014. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Pan Pacific Championships 2018 – Men 200m Butterfly Heats" (PDF). Seiko.co.jp. 10 August 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Pan Pacs 2018 – Information Bulletin #2" (PDF). Pan Pacs 2018. 12 April 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Pan Pacific Championships 2018 – Men 200m Butterfly B-Final" (PDF). Seiko.co.jp. 10 August 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "Pan Pacific Championships 2018 – Men 200m Butterfly Final" (PDF). Seiko.co.jp. 10 August 2018. Retrieved 12 August 2018.