2017 Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race
The 2017 Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race was a road cycling one-day race that took place on 29 January. It was the third edition of the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race and the second event of the 2017 UCI World Tour. It was the first time that the race was included in the UCI World Tour calendar.
|2017 UCI World Tour, race 2 of 37|
|Dates||29 January 2017|
|Distance||174 km (108.1 mi)|
|Winning time||4h 19' 15"|
In a reduced-field sprint finish, Team Sunweb rider Nikias Arndt won the race ahead of Australians Simon Gerrans (Orica–Scott) and Cameron Meyer, who was riding for a selected Australian national team.
As a new event to the UCI World Tour, all UCI WorldTeams were invited to the race, but not obligated to compete in the race. As such, thirteen of the eighteen WorldTeams competed in the race. Four UCI Professional Continental teams competed, while an Australian national squad completed the 18-team peloton.
|1||Nikias Arndt (GER)||Team Sunweb||4h 19' 15"|
|2||Simon Gerrans (AUS)||Orica–Scott||+ 0"|
|3||Cameron Meyer (AUS)||Australia (national team)||+ 0"|
|4||Jhonatan Restrepo (COL)||Team Katusha–Alpecin||+ 0"|
|5||Luke Rowe (GBR)||Team Sky||+ 0"|
|6||Petr Vakoč (CZE)||Quick-Step Floors||+ 0"|
|7||Nathan Haas (AUS)||Team Dimension Data||+ 0"|
|8||Gianluca Brambilla (ITA)||Quick-Step Floors||+ 0"|
|9||Jay McCarthy (AUS)||Bora–Hansgrohe||+ 0"|
|10||Paul Martens (GER)||LottoNL–Jumbo||+ 0"|
- "UCI expands WorldTour to 37 events". Cycling News. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "The UCI reveals expanded UCI WorldTour calendar for 2017". UCI. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- "Nikias Arndt catches Cameron Meyer on the line to win Cadel Evans road race". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Australian Associated Press. 29 January 2017. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "13 WorldTour teams for 2017 Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race". Cyclingnews.com. Immediate Media Company. 13 December 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "2017 Results". Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race. Government of Victoria. 29 January 2017. Retrieved 29 January 2017.