2016 Mexico City ePrix
The 2016 Mexico City ePrix was a Formula E motor race held on 12 March 2016 at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez in Mexico City, Mexico. It was the fifth championship race of the 2015–16 Formula E season, the single-seater, electrically powered racing car series' second season. It also was the 16th Formula E race overall. The race was initially won by Lucas di Grassi, but later the win was handed to Jérôme d'Ambrosio because di Grassi's car was found to be underweight. This was d'Ambrosio's second Formula E win, after the 2015 Berlin ePrix, where he had also benefited from a disqualification of di Grassi.
|2016 Mexico City ePrix|
|Race 5 of 10 of the 2015–16 Formula E season|
Formula E layout of the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
|Date||12 March 2016|
|Official name||2016 FIA Formula E Mexico City ePrix|
|Location||Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City, Mexico|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||2.09 km (1.299 mi)|
|Distance||43 laps, 89.96 km (55.90 mi)|
The race took place on a modified version of the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez circuit. It was the first Formula E race on a permanent road course. The version used for the ePrix leads through the stadium section and also part of the oval. It is 2.092 kilometers in length and features 18 turns. Track design modification was done by Agustin Delicado Zomeño.
|1||7||Jérôme d'Ambrosio||Dragon Racing||43||48:28.409||1||281|
|2||9||Sébastien Buemi||Renault e.Dams||43||+0.106||5||18|
|3||8||Nicolas Prost||Renault e.dams||43||+25.537||2||172|
|4||6||Loïc Duval||Dragon Racing||43||+26.3583||7||12|
|5||27||Robin Frijns||Amlin Andretti||43||+28.477||12||10|
|6||2||Sam Bird||DS Virgin Racing||43||+28.928||10||8|
|7||66||Daniel Abt||ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport||43||+30.051||4||6|
|8||23||Nick Heidfeld||Mahindra Racing||43||+36.373||8||4|
|10||21||Bruno Senna||Mahindra Racing||43||+37.603||16||1|
|11||88||Oliver Turvey||NEXTEV TCR||43||+38.598||15|
|13||1||Nelson Piquet, Jr.||NEXTEV TCR||43||+42.351||18|
|14||28||Simona de Silvestro||Amlin Andretti||43||+43.971||11|
|15||77||Salvador Durán||Team Aguri||43||+1:03.082||14|
|16||25||Jean-Éric Vergne||DS Virgin Racing||42||+1 lap||6|
|Ret||55||António Félix da Costa||Team Aguri||32||Accident damage||17|
|DSQ||11||Lucas di Grassi||ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport||43||Underweight4||3|
Standings after the raceEdit
- Notes: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Round 5 – 12 March 2016 – Mexico City, Mexico". Formula E. Formula E Holdings Limited. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- "Di Grassi stripped of Mexico win". Formula E. Formula E Holdings Limited. 12 March 2016.
- "D'Ambrosio handed Mexico City ePrix win after exclusion di Grassi". electricautosport.com. 12 March 2016.
- "Mexico City – Track Guide". Formula E. Formula E Holdings Limited. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "MEXICO CITY ePRIX – Official FIA Formula E Championship". fiaformulae.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-13. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
2016 Buenos Aires ePrix
|FIA Formula E Championship
2016 Long Beach ePrix
|Mexico City ePrix||Next race:|
2017 Mexico City ePrix