2014 GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The 2014 GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma was a Verizon IndyCar Series event that was held on August 24, 2014 at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, California. It was the seventeenth and penultimate race of the 2014 IndyCar Series season. The eighty-five lap race was won by Scott Dixon for Chip Ganassi Racing, Ryan Hunter-Reay finished second and Simon Pagenaud third. A 6.0 earthquake hit the area in the early morning of the race; it did not damage the track, and officials deemed its infrastructure safe from collapse, allowing the race to proceed as scheduled.
|17th round of the 2014 IndyCar Series season|
|Date||August 24, 2014|
|Official name||GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
2.2 mi / 3.5 km
195.755 mi / 315.037 km
|Driver||Will Power (Team Penske)|
|First||Scott Dixon (Chip Ganassi Racing)|
|Second||Ryan Hunter-Reay (Andretti Autosport)|
|Third||Simon Pagenaud (Schmidt Peterson Motorsports)|
The win was the 35th of Dixon's career, tying him with Bobby Unser for the fifth-most of all-time. Will Power maintained his lead in the series championship points standings after taking pole position in qualifying and scoring a ninth-place finish, building a 51-point advantage over his Team Penske teammate Hélio Castroneves.
- "2014 GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma". Racing-Reference. NASCAR Digital Media. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- Olson, Jeff (August 28, 2014). "Will Power, Helio Castroneves sit at cusp of IndyCar glory". USA Today. Larry Kramer; Gannett Company. Retrieved October 18, 2017.
- "Pagenaud finds unlikely podium in Sonoma". Motorsport.com. Motorsport Network. August 25, 2014. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- Glendenning, Mark (August 24, 2014). "Sonoma IndyCar: Race to commence after overnight earthquake". Autosport. Motorsport Network. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- Cavin, Curt (August 24, 2014). "Scott Dixon's win at Sonoma puts him in rare company". USA Today. Larry Kramer; Gannett Company. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- Matsuda, Darryl (August 24, 2014). "IndyCar: Scott Dixon wins GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma". East Bay Times. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- "GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma qualifying results". Motorsport.com. Motorsport Network. August 24, 2014. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
- "Dixon gets dramatic Sonoma IndyCar win". ABC 10. Associated Press. August 24, 2014. Retrieved September 12, 2019.
|This motorsport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
2014 ABC Supply Wisconsin 250
2014 MAVTV 500 IndyCar World Championships
2013 GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma
|GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma||Next race:|
2015 GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma