2011 Nepal census
Nepal conducted a widespread national census in 2011 by the Nepal Central Bureau of Statistics. Working with the 58 municipalities and the 3915 Village Development Committees at a district level, they recorded data from all the municipalities and villages of each district. The data included statistics on population size, households, sex and age distribution, place of birth, residence characteristics, literacy, marital status, religion, language spoken, caste/ethnic group, economically active population, education, number of children, employment status, and occupation.
- Total population in 2011: 26,494,504
- Increase since last census 2001: 3,343,081
- Annual population growth rate (exponental growth): 1.35
- Number of households: 5,427,302
- Average Household Size: 4.88
- Population in Mountain: 6.73%, Hill: 43.00% and Terai: 50.27%.
|Most populous Development Region||Central Region (9,656,985)|
|Least populous Development Region||Far-Western Region (2,552,517)|
- "Decadal Growth :www.cbs.gov.np" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-07-31.
- Central Bureau of Statistics of Nepal: National Population and Housing Census 2011 Archived 2013-07-31 at the Wayback Machine.
- Central Bureau of Statistics of Nepal: Major Highlights. Archived 2013-07-17 at the Wayback Machine.
|This Nepal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|