2009–10 CCHL season
The 2009–10 CCHL season was the first and only season of the Central Canadian Hockey League (CCHL). The 21 teams of the East and West Divisions competed in 50 regular season games, with the top eight teams in each division competing in the playoffs for the league championship.
|2009–10 CCHL season|
|League||Central Canadian Hockey League|
|Duration||Regular season |
2009-09-09 – 2010-02-08
2010-02-09 – 2010-03-30
|Number of teams||21|
The CCHL's playoff champion played against the Ontario Junior A Hockey League's champion for the Buckland Cup. The champion of that series played for the Dudley Hewitt Cup against the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League and Superior International Junior Hockey League champions for the right to attend the 2010 Royal Bank Cup.
The league re-merged with the Ontario Junior A Hockey League after the 2009–10 season, and re-formed the Ontario Junior Hockey League.
- OJHL is dissolved. Central Division becomes its own league.
- Central Division Hockey is renamed Central Canadian Hockey League.
- Toronto Dixie Beehives have relocated to Etobicoke, Ontario and changed name to Dixie Beehives.
- Upper Canada Hockey Club has relocated to Etobicoke, Ontario and changed name to Upper Canada Patriots.
Note: GP = Games played; W = Wins; L = Losses; OTL = Overtime Losses; SL = Shootout Losses; GF = Goals For; GA = Goals Against; PTS = Points; x = clinched playoff berth; y = clinched division title; z = clinched conference title
Top eight from each division make the playoffs (blue tinted), (x-) denotes playoff berth, (y-) denotes elimination.
Teams listed on the official league website.
Standings listed by Pointstreak on official league website.
- For the Central Canada Championship, please go to the Dudley Hewitt Cup.
- For the national championship, please go to the 2010 Royal Bank Cup.
|Division Quarter-final||Division Semi-final||Division Final||League Final|
- Oakville Blades (OJAHL) defeated Newmarket Hurricanes 4-games-to-2
- Game 1: 04/03/2010 - Newmarket 3 @ Oakville 4
- Game 2: 04/05/2010 - Oakville 1 @ Newmarket 4
- Game 3: 04/07/2010 - Newmarket 3 @ Oakville 1
- Game 4: 04/08/2010 - Oakville 3 @ Newmarket 2
- Game 5: 04/10/2010 - Newmarket 3 @ Oakville 4 OT
- Game 6: 04/12/2010 - Oakville 6 @ Newmarket 1
Note: GP = Games played; G = Goals; A = Assists; Pts = Points; PIM = Penalty Minutes
Note: GP = Games Played; Mins = Minutes Played; W = Wins; L = Losses: OTL = Overtime Losses; SL = Shootout Losses; GA = Goals Allowed; SO = Shutouts; GAA = Goals Against Average
- Best Defenceman - Jeff Least (Markham Waxers)
- Most Gentlemanly Player - Jeremy Franklin (Wellington Dukes)
- Most Improved Player - Jordan Reed (Ajax Attack)
- Most Valuable Player - Kori Coelho (Stouffville Spirit)
- Rookie of the Year - Jackson Teichroeb (Bowmanville Eagles)
- Coach of the Year - Curtis Hodgins (Bowmanville Eagles)
- Best Goaltender - Jodan Ruby (Wellington Dukes)
- Best Defenceman - Justin Baker (Streetsville Derbys)
- Most Gentlemanly Player - Jacob Mooney (North York Rangers)
- Most Improved Player - Phil Brewer (Burlington Cougars)
- Most Valuable Player - Greg Carey (Burlington Cougars)
- Rookie of the Year - Lucas Lessio (St. Michael's Buzzers)
- Coach of the Year - Mark Jooris (Burlington Cougars)
- Best Goaltender - Jimmy Sarjeant (Newmarket Hurricanes)