2005 Pot Black
|Dates||29 October 2005|
|Venue||Royal Automobile Club|
|Highest break||111 – Shaun Murphy|
Pot Black returned after a 12-year absence (or 8 including Senior Pot Black) and unlike the original TV series of matches being recorded in 2 days and transmitted months later, this new format was shown on BBC1's Grandstand showing highlights of the matches during the programme before showing the final live. Presented by the usual BBC snooker team of Hazel Irvine, Steve Davis and John Parrott and commentary by Clive Everton. Referees include Jan Verhass and Michaela Tabb who refereed the final.
Out of this year's players, only Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan had previously played in Pot Black in its old form while the latter two and Matthew Stevens played in Junior Pot Black and White being the only former champion competing.
|Stephen Maguire||5||John Higgins||49|
|Shaun Murphy||120||Shaun Murphy||71|
|Jimmy White||2||Shaun Murphy||27|
|Stephen Hendry||40||Matthew Stevens||53|
|Matthew Stevens||73||Matthew Stevens||96|
|Ronnie O'Sullivan||44||Paul Hunter||7|
- "2006 Pot Black Cup". Global Snooker Centre. Archived from the original on 27 June 2007.
- "Pot Black, Junior Pot Black". Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Stevens wins Pot Black comeback". BBC Sport. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "2005 Pot Black Cup". Global Snooker Centre. Archived from the original on 15 August 2007.
- "2005 Pot Black Cup results". worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association. Archived from the original on 31 December 2005. Retrieved 23 June 2012.