Island council elections were held in the Netherlands Antilles on 9 May (Bonaire and Curaçao) and 23 May 2003 (SSS islands) to elect the members of the island councils of its five island territories. The election was won by the Bonaire Patriotic Union (6 seats) in Bonaire, the Workers' Liberation Front (8 seats) in Curaçao, the Windward Islands People's Movement (3 seats) in Saba, the Democratic Party Statia (3 seats) in Sint Eustatius, and the Democratic Party (6 seats) in Sint Maarten.
All 51 seats in the island councils of Bonaire (9), Curaçao (21),
Saba (5), Sint Eustatius (5) and Sint Maarten (11)
|Bonaire Patriotic Union||6||+2|
|Bonaire Democratic Party||3||–1|
|Workers' Liberation Front||22,745||33.86||8||+4|
|Party for the Restructured Antilles||13,710||20.41||5||0|
|People's Crusade Labour Party||8,785||13.08||3||–1|
|National People's Party||7,153||10.65||2||–3|
|New Antilles Movement||6,274||9.34||2||0|
|Lista Niun Paso Atras||3,819||5.69||1||New|
|Organisashon pa Restorashon di Un i Tur||2,168||3.23||0||–1|
|Source: Hoofdstembureau Curaçao|
|Windward Islands People's Movement||298||47.30||3||–1|
|Saba United Democratic Party||232||36.83||2||New|
|Saba Labour Party||100||15.87||0||–1|
|Source: The Daily Herald, Saba Tourist Bureau|
Sint Eustatius edit
|Progressive Labour Party||2||New|
|Source: The Daily Herald, Lynch & Lynch|
Sint Maarten edit
|People's Progressive Alliance||1,169||11.50||1||New|
|United People's Labor Party||96||0.94||0||New|
|National Democratic Party||41||0.40||0||0|
|Source: SXM Elections|
- "Kiezers Curaçao en Bonaire naar de stembus". De Telegraaf (in Dutch). 9 May 2003. Archived from the original on 1 March 2021. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- Pasterkamp, Riekelt (23 May 2003). "Godett: Pim Fortuyn van de Antillen". Reformatorisch Dagblad (in Dutch). Digibron. p. 5. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Island Council". governorsxm.com. Archived from the original on 20 March 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
Island council elections on St. Maarten were last held on May 23, 2003.
- "Omstreden arbeiderspartij wint verkiezingen Curaçao". NU.nl (in Dutch). 10 May 2003. Archived from the original on 3 March 2021. Retrieved 3 March 2021.
- "Verkiezing Eilandsraad Curaçao 2003". Hoofdstembureau Curaçao (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 6 February 2015. Retrieved 6 February 2015.
- "Main voting bureau Saba confirms count". The Daily Herald. Internet Archive. 6 June 2003. p. 6. Retrieved 3 March 2021.
- "Election Results 2003". Saba Tourist Bureau. Archived from the original on 10 July 2003. Retrieved 3 March 2021.
- "DP and PLP both lose one vote in final count". The Daily Herald. 26 April 2007. p. 10.
- Lynch, Edgar H.; Lynch, Julian C. (1999). Know Your Political History (Rev. ed.). Philipsburg, St. Martin: House of Nehesi Publ. p. 195. ISBN 0913441325.
- "Election Year 2003 Results". SXM Elections. Archived from the original on 4 January 2015. Retrieved 2 March 2021.