This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
2001 Maniacs is a 2005 American comedy horror film directed by Tim Sullivan and starring Robert Englund, Lin Shaye, Jay Gillespie, Dylan Edrington, and Matthew Carey. It is a remake of the 1964 film Two Thousand Maniacs! written and directed by Herschell Gordon Lewis. The film is distributed by Lions Gate Entertainment. It was filmed in Westville, Georgia.
Pre-production promotional poster
|Directed by||Tim Sullivan|
|Produced by||Boaz Yakin|
Brett W. Nemeroff
|Written by||Chris Kobin|
|Based on||Two Thousand Maniacs!|
by Herschell Gordon Lewis
|Music by||Nathan Barr|
|Edited by||Michael Ross|
|Distributed by||Lions Gate Entertainment|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2014)
Six prep college students and a biker couple travel south towards Daytona Beach for Spring Break, but a detour leads them into the seemingly idyllic Georgia town of Pleasant Valley, which is holding its annual "Guts and Glory Jubilee" in honor of the American Civil War.
While they stay in the town, completely isolated from the outside world, they are systematically separated and killed in gory fashion by the town's residents. Two students manage to escape, but upon alerting the authorities they learn that "Pleasant Valley" is nothing but a cemetery - a memorial for 2001 Confederate villagers who were massacred 140 years earlier by renegade Union troops during the Civil War. A plaque reveals that the town's residents will not rest until the crime has been paid back: 2001 villagers were killed, 2001 Northerners must be killed - an eye for an eye.
- Robert Englund as Mayor George W. Buckman
- Lin Shaye as Granny Boone
- Giuseppe Andrews as Harper Alexander
- Jay Gillespie as Anderson Lee
- Matthew Carey as Cory Jones
- Peter Stormare as Professor Ackerman
- Marla Malcolm as Joey
- Gina Marie Heekin as Kat
- Brian Gross as Ricky
- Mushond Lee as Malcolm
- Dylan Edrington as Nelson Elliot
- Bianca Smith as Leah
- Brendan McCarthy as Rufus
- Adam Robitel as Lester
- Christa Campbell as Milk Maiden
- Wendy Kremer as Peaches
- Cristin Michele as Glendora
- Kodi Kitchen as Hester
- Ryan Fleming as Hucklebilly Boone
- Eli Roth as Justin
- Bill McKinney as Chef
On the official Facebook page for the film, the sequel 2001 Maniacs: The Beverly Hellbillys was announced (later renamed to 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams). Mayor Buckman and Harper Alexander are now portrayed by Bill Moseley and Nivek Ogre respectively.
- "2001 Maniacs (Movie Review) | Bloody Good Horror". www.bloodygoodhorror.com. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- www.amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/2001-Maniacs-DVD-Robert-Englund/dp/B000E5N6A2. Retrieved 2019-01-06. Missing or empty
- 2001 MANIACS: BEVERLY HELLBILLYS is on Facebook[permanent dead link]