1979 Colgate International
The 1979 Colgate International was a women's tennis tournament played on outdoor grass courts at Devonshire Park in Eastbourne in England. The event was part of the AAA[a] category of the 1979 Colgate Series. It was the fifth edition of the tournament and was held from 18 June through 23 June 1979. Second-seeded Chris Evert survived four match points in the three-hour final against first-seeded Martina Navratilova to win the singles title and earn $20,000 first-prize money.
|1979 Colgate International|
|Category||Colgate Series (AAA)|
|Draw||64S / 32D|
|Surface||Grass / outdoor|
|Betty Stöve / Wendy Turnbull|
- It was Evert's 6th singles title of the year and the 91st of her career.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64|
- Tournaments with prize money for the women of at least $100,000.
- John Barrett, ed. (1980). World of Tennis 1980 : a BP yearbook. London: Queen Anne Press. pp. 139, 148. ISBN 9780362020120. OCLC 237184610.
- John Dolan (2011). Women's Tennis 1968–84: the Ultimate Guide. Remous. pp. 321, 331–332.
- "Centre court classics". Eastbourne Herald. 10 June 2011. Archived from the original on 18 July 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2017.