1978 Colgate International
The 1978 Colgate International was a women's tennis tournament played on outdoor grass courts at Devonshire Park in Eastbourne in the United Kingdom. The event was part of the AA[a] category of the 1978 Colgate Series. It was the fourth edition of the tournament and was held from 19 June through 24 June 1978. Second-seeded Martina Navratilova survived a match point in the 2h12m final against first-seeded Chris Evert to win the singles title and earn $14,000 first-prize money.
|1978 Colgate International|
|Category||Colgate Series (AA)|
|Draw||64S / 32D|
|Surface||Grass / outdoor|
|Location||Eastbourne, United Kingdom|
|Chris Evert / Betty Stöve|
- It was Navratilova's 8th singles title of the year and the 22nd of her career.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64|
- Tournaments with prize money for the women of at least $75,000.
- John Barrett, ed. (1979). World of Tennis 1979 : a BP yearbook. London: Macdonald and Jane's. p. 156. ISBN 978-0354090681.
- John Dolan (2011). Women's Tennis 1968–84: the Ultimate Guide. Remous. pp. 292, 302.
- "Navratilova Whips Evert At Eastbourne". Toledo Blade. AP. 25 June 1978. p. 5, sec. E.
- "Centre court classics". Eastbourne Herald. 10 June 2011. Archived from the original on 18 July 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2017.