The 1978 Alan King Tennis Classic was a men's tennis tournament played on outdoor hard courts at the Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada in the United States that was part of the 1978 Colgate-Palmolive Grand Prix. It was the seventh edition of the tournament was held from April 24 through April 30, 1978. Harold Solomon won the singles title after Barazzutti had to forfeit in the second set due to illness induced by food poisoning. Solomon earned $50,000 first-prize money as well as 225 Grand Prix points.
|1978 Alan King Tennis Classic|
|Date||April 24 – 30|
|Surface||Hard / outdoor|
|Location||Las Vegas, NV, U.S.|
|Álvaro Fillol / Jaime Fillol|
- "1978 Las Vegas – Singles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "1978 Las Vegas – Doubles draw". Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
- "Solomon winner of King". The Spokesman-Review. May 1, 1978 – via Google News Archive.
- John Barrett, ed. (1978). World of Tennis 1978 : a BP yearbook. London: Macdonald and Janes. pp. 83–84. ISBN 9780354090391.
- "Losing a pain for Barazzutti". Beaver County Times. May 1, 1978 – via Google News archive.