The 1974 British Grand Prix (formally the John Player Grand Prix) was a Formula One motor race held at Brands Hatch on 20 July 1974. It was race 10 of 15 in both the 1974 World Championship of Drivers and the 1974 International Cup for Formula One Manufacturers. The 75-lap race was won by Jody Scheckter, driving a Tyrrell-Ford, with Emerson Fittipaldi second in a McLaren-Ford and Jacky Ickx third in a Lotus-Ford. Niki Lauda completed just 73 laps but was allowed an extra lap after the team protested his exit from the pit lane was blocked after a late wheel change. He initially classified ninth, but was awarded fifth place after appeal.
|1974 British Grand Prix|
|Date||20 July 1974|
|Official name||John Player Grand Prix|
|Location||Brands Hatch, Kent, England|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||4.206 km (2.613 miles)|
|Distance||75 laps, 315.45 km (195.975 miles)|
|Time||1:21.1 on lap 25|
*Positions with a pink background indicate drivers that failed to qualify
Championship standings after the raceEdit
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings. Only the best 7 results from the first 8 races and the best 6 results from the last 7 races counted towards the Championship. Numbers without parentheses are Championship points; numbers in parentheses are total points scored.
- "1974 Formula 1 World Championship Programmes". The Programme Covers Project.
- Lang, Mike (1983). Grand Prix! Vol 3. Haynes Publishing Group. p. 42. ISBN 0-85429-380-9.
- Lang, Mike (1983). Grand Prix! Vol 3. Haynes Publishing Group. p. 44. ISBN 0-85429-380-9.
- "1974 British Grand Prix Entry list".
- "Formula One 1974 British Grand Prix Classification | Motorsport Stats".
- "1974 British Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 18 January 2015. Retrieved 22 December 2015.
- "Britain 1974 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 13 March 2019.